Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Complicated.

It's an interesting thing thinking about the trip in a truly 360 degree viewpoint. Ok, maybe it's only as much as 270, but all the same. Past, present, future. Complications and the help.

I have spent a lot longer slacking off on this than I would have liked, but it wouldn't be me unless I left the most important things to the last minute. Everything in my life is like that.

Packing was quicker than I expected. Easier, too, I suppose. I spent two weeks truly getting ready for this, so maybe that's paying off, but it's surprising and maybe a little sad seeing how much I can condense my life into. I'm actually usually amazed that I would leave behind so much if I needed to. A month's worth of travel condensed into three bags.

Backpack having the necessities of life, a pair of books, a change of clothes. Suitcase having my clothes for the trip almost completely (I have a little over a week's worth of clothes, so it's easy to pack everything I normally wear. A computer bag will have two computers and all of my essential paperwork as this thing should never leave my sight!

So much to think about. So much to learn. So much already forgotten. I'm pretty sure that I'm the first person in my immediate family to travel like this. Perhaps my dad has gone out of country, but I don't remember it if it's true. With any luck this will even be the first of many such trips. With any luck and a little divine intervention maybe I can make it to Japan in March. It would be beyond cool.

Anyways, barring death or other catastrophic failure, I'm on the inside of 24 hours. In two days time I'll be in Bangalore and living an adventure one day at a time. Until then...

1 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

Yes. Something as big as leaving your home country and most of your standard lifestyle behind can present a lot of uncertainty.

1/31/2010 11:57:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home