Monday, January 25, 2010

Around the world in... 30 hours

Ok, so the time frame is a little exaggerated probably, but it was about 27 hours or so with the layovers and the strikes and you'll see, I'll post as much as I can with my battery as it is before I call it quits:

11:40 AM MST 1/20/2010

Forgot the Marriott Laptop
Forgot to tell Whitney that I loved her for the millionth time. Only 999,993 I think.

Pre-flight jitters left just after security. Wish she had seen. Feels silly now, but I guess it's my process.

Should have sent them my emergency contact info sooner. Will need to do that in GA. 11:45 AM

11:54 AM Now in Colorado. 11:54 AM

12:15 PM Now passing Denver. Every minute is a milestone now. This is the farthest East I've ever been. 12:16 PM

12:44 PM MST 1/20/2010
UT, CO, KS, MI, AK, TN, AL, GA, OK (didn't think we would, but skirted the NE corner). 1:16 PM

1:01 PM We flew through Witchita, a seven nation army couldn't hold us back. 1:17 PM 1,006 Mi - getting bored, a billion miles to go. Hope the other flights have more leg room and I can sleep. Traveling has changed a lot. Love the new interactive and airport maps. Convenient. 1:26 PM Not in KS anymore.

2:24 PM 1,600 Mi later in ATL.

3:49 PM MST 5:49 PM EST 1/20/2010
Was paged a few mins ago because I hadn't boarded the plane 30 mins early. No heads up, no PA until they called me in a panic. The people in the ATL airport as well as the French operating the plane are short and pushy. Much different than my experience in SLC. Flight leaves at 6:10 PM EST. We'll be going over the Atlantic to Paris. Then I get to do this again to BLR. I'm sitting in an isle seat next to an Indian Marisha. The plane is bigger, thank goodness as it will be a nearly 8 hour flight. This should be fun and will take me into 12 AM MST on the 21st and 8-10 AM Paris time I think. 3:55 PM



(More to come later, compy needs to sleep until tomorrow. Should be able to post more then since I won't need to spend a whole hour on checking e-mail...)

2 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

I waited a while when you were talking with security. I could see you but I blended in well enough. I could see how you felt. An Indian Marisha? What? Lol. You were half way around the world the world in thirty ish hours though Im sure it feels like youre as distant as mars. Dont let it mess with your head too much. Glad to know that your flight kept you aware and interested.

1/31/2010 11:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Mys said...

AK is Alaska, btw. AR is Arkansas.

8/27/2010 10:50:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home