Thursday, August 11, 2005

Where's the lost voice of reason?

So it's happening.

(BTW, this is going to be an infuriatingly vaigue post.)

The corrupt morals of the lost are left to wander and not even that tiny nagging conscience is left to persist.

It's actually kind of funny and horribly sad. I mean, I definately feel bad for the person, but this is entirely one of those situations where you are completely powerless. I could no more have stopped this series of events then I could have haulted two trains in a collision course. For me that is impossible.

And now, bittersweetness. Such an odd taste this one is. Seeing a years old prediction coming true whilst watching the corruption of fall of not one, nor even two, but many old friends. There's no longer a voice of reason represented there. They've long been cast out in fear and anger. Still the only example I have of wisdom and intelligence being so thouroughly rejected. Reject the wisdom for carnal pleasures because the latter becomes more naturally. What a simple and flawed way of looking at the world. Lazyness is a natural constant. The atoms themselves will not react without a lower energy being obtained. And explain to me, now, the great wonders that man has created in his great lazyness?

I was just talking about this yesterday. I was forced out, so what of the others? Simple abandonement?

If there's ever a set of people that needed help, I have found them. If there's ever an impossible task, I am helpless to even begin it. But it's not my task, that was taken from me long ago. Withdrawn once given, or allowed. But that's fine, I'm not really worried about it. But its situations like these that are the toughest for me to live with. I've become a man of action, and I would give my life to try to stop that train wreck if I thought it were remotely possible. So now I simply watch it unfold, helpless.

Oddities. I take back former comments and allusions of carpet bombings. The big issue now is that it is spreading without the world. I can't understand why no one steps up to do something about it. Challenge it on your morals, your religious background. Or can you find no weaponry there?

Or maybe the actual truth is that it doesn't matter. That the reason no one steps in is that it will solve itself? And/or that it will never be a serious issue?

I hope it's the latter and not the lack of a basis of defense. I truly do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home