Friday, July 01, 2005

Fark, yeah!

I had my "boobies" today.

Hah, for you non-farkers that's "first post". They have a script that when you post that, not only does it get changed to "boobies" they time warp it into the future 20 (?) hours.

Fun stuff.

But yeah, my first post. And a political one. Scary.

Still waiting to see if I get flamed over it, heh, but posting it for sentimental reasons.

I'm not going to put my username, but if you care, you'll figure it out.

"consdubyaSpeaking of intelligent people. I want a chance to try and rebut to some of your statements. I appreciated the calmer tone of this instead of the vein-popping flamewars that we all know and experience. Just FYI.You ignore the fact that the majority of the Iraqi population believes that the US came to steal their resources, and is generally not supportive of the US due to the Israel/Palestine thing. They suspect that the US will never leave, or, if they do leave, they will only do so if they can control the oil in that country through a puppet government.Your a smart guy VideoVader, why can you not see this? The only way to end the insurgency is to hand over all power to the UN. Which you should not have a problem with if you are really there to spread freedom. But hey, I have heard it before, the US made the sacrifice, thus we deserve the spoils. But then again, that is the point of the left, this was the point in the first place, not freedom.But I'd like to hear you say where it is that the Iraqis have gotten that information. I don't see a great deal of evidence for it, when we still only pull in about 400K barrels a day from them. Which is about the same as it's always been. We've set up their schools and hospitals again. I'm just sayin' it's much to do with biased information that they are getting, which is why they might feel that way, if a majority of them really do.Additionally I take issue with you suggesting we leave the Iraqi situation to a group of vultures. Sorry, just the way I feel. They (the UN, specifically France, Russia, and most likely Kofi Anon, his boy, etc) didn't want us to go in because of all of the money they had tied in there. A bit what to do about corruption, I'm sure you've heard some of the finer points as well. That seems a pretty big thing to me. Not only do our allies fear us taking over oil, but they're going to get jacked out of all the illegal, corrupt, money that they have tied up there.I still have a problem seeing us going to Iraq for oil when we get a lot of it through better means. There's no need to conquer Iraq for oil because we've already got it coming in from Canada, Mexico, and Saudi Arabia as the biggest three suppliers. We get a much less significant number from Iraq, and there's no evidence to suggest that it has ever increased.Just something between intelligent people having conversation."

Grr... I'm starting to hate the not keeping the formatting thing...

2 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

Politics and flames are nearly synonymous. lol. My eyes nearly popped out of my head at the mention of the 'boobies'. I'm going... to ... stop laughing now.

7/02/2005 07:20:00 PM

 
Blogger vermilion said...

I agree with you on quite a few points there, with as much time that I've been given to read that is. It'll take me a second readover. The moment that I am coninved that our country has put lives on the line for barrels of black liquid is the day I cross the border and stow away to Sweden well maybe not Sweden from what I've heard...

I've heard some unsettling almost minor news on a multinational scale (since it is not yet put into place). I do hope that it is from a source that has no credit because it would worry me to hear such degradations of a government's view of the family unit. Grr.

7/02/2005 07:26:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home