Wednesday, April 06, 2005

And now to clear things up.

Right, this mostly goes out to my befuddled parents, but also as to explain something unique that happened tonight:

I went to Layton, not unique in and of itself, to a men's group thing. Basically it is an organized group dealing with problems on an individual basis. Sounds kinda not making sense? (Like that last sentence...?) But it's more like a way for you to deal with problems on your own terms. The guys are there just to help keep you in line. There wasn't all that much opinion sharing or group help. They didn't tell you that you were right or wrong really. They knew that you would make the right decisions for yourself given the chances. It's mainly a way to assure that you're being true to yourself. You don't do anything you don't want to, and they take a bit of a mystical approach for feel. They don't take any religious slants, but they do use an aweful lot of symbolism, some of which is reflected in ceremony.

If you need to look into the group, it's the Mankind Project, specifically the New Warriors thing. It's about men being men and being in touch with themselves. It starts out kinda iffy and touchy feely, but it's totally about integrity and honesty.

I don't feel I could explain it with enough justice, it's just one of those things you have to experience (and I hate having to say that). And I was plenty skeptical going in. But it was really good. I think it just served as catalyst to some of the things that I do anyways. I'm all about being honest to one's self no matter who and what you are (ok, that's all inclusive, but there are obvious exceptions). And I think I might invite someone to it next time that would leave you all in wonder. But it's the only person in the world that I can think of right now that NEEDS it if they are going to survive. Like they might survive, but in years when they finally learn it, they'll have wished they had known sooner...

Anyways... I'll probably let you know if that happens. I'll see if my current enthusiasm is still there even tomorrow. But I think it needs to be done, whether or not I think it would be wasted on him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home