Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Today will be lucky and memorable for you.

Oh really?

Kinda funny since I didn't want to be on shift tonight. I wanted to call in so badly. Yesterday I heard that the other shiftleader (the one none of the good guys really like all that much) was closing. I was thinking to myself: "Ha, that poor bugger who has to close with her." Irony: it was me. I love stuff like that... Dork.

Anyways, the fortune was mostly true. The only reason I got online was to make it memorable. It was kind of the dumb luck kind. Things that if you're paying attention, you'll appreciate. The little things.

Like I worked a shift I didn't want to, and it was at a modest pace. I had to work with the guy that I was previously at odds with, and we seem to be doing better. I think he's realising that I'm not the bad guy he was treating me like. There are still things about him that bother me. But it's a bit easier to overlook lately. And the shift leader didn't make it a point to whine and complain all day. It's not fair because lately I've been like that, but she makes it unbearable. To me, mine seems more like co-miserating. She just complains about everything and anything...

But it was pretty decent.

I got to talk to a guy that just was hired at the Space Dynamics Lab. He's going to be doing some programing for a plant simulator, he said. Pretty cool stuff. Named Darrell, or some spelling of the like. Figure I better right it down lest I forget and need it later.

But here's to the memorable part of the fortune. It wasn't all that bad tonight. And my guts doing quite a bit better. I think I was right in my hypothesis... Which sucks.

It goes once more to prove my worst fears...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home