Sunday, June 05, 2005

Finally!

We finally got our chance to play today.

I have waited a few months to play this character. Yeah, I only got done with the history yesterday (early in the morning), but I'm not even done with some other things. Like the rules I'm supposed to follow, but I think I'm just going to wing it.

It's been interesting, like I knew it would be. It's a group of ALL guys, with two female characters. We did run into a few snags, like my character offering to help one into her armor. It's difficult looking at a guy who is pretending to be a female. Because, all you see is the guy.

Not like my character's bound to do anything like that, anyways. He's a Paladin. I've never played a Paladin before. You think that it might be a little more simple, but over the time I've determined that I have a very distinct personality. I'm probably tending towards Chaotic, but whatever.

It was actually really good. And not to be rude or anything, but I was surprised. My oldest friend right now, at least of my own age, is running the game. Meaning that he's the youngest DM that we've ever had. My surprise is mostly because he hasn't had experience doing that with a group like us. A few of our players have been playing since they were my age... And I was worried about how he might handle it. But he did very well. I tried my hand in it, seriously anyways, once and it did alright, but he did great. At least until he sprung a trap on himself.

See, my character is a half-celestial. I'm not talking about people's beliefs here, so don't take it that way. It's game mechanics right now. So basicially he's the DND equivelant of a half-Angel. Like I said, it's the game, not anything to do with everyone's beliefs. And he's got this really neat thing going for him. The problem is that he could potentially be the most powerful party member. Trick is that he never found out really what he is. He knows that he's special for some reason, but not how special.

Anyways. I think the game did alright, until something happened. In a short series of events we were sucked into a pocket world of some kind to have dealings with one of the avatars of my character's diety. And that's where I think the game dropped for a little bit. It basically turned into an argument between my dad's character (A fundamentalist Islamic priest in the middle ages) and the agent of my character's god. It just seemed a little weak is all.

But we had a blast, otherwise. Turns out that we are bad guys because we were in the wrong room at the right time. Sucky thing is that most of us were shoved into the room. It actually has a total Star Wars feel because I'm not sure what part of the line we're actually on. In a room with these bad guys, and all the sudden the world hates us and is in some sort of civil war. The only ones that are really free from it are the Dwarves because they're secluded and probably don't even know about it. And the super sucky thing is that the lead bad guy turns out to be the leader of the Mages Guild from the Elves, the only ones that widely (if you can call it that) practice magic.

Very sucky. I'm glad we place twice this month. In like two weeks I'll be back down here to play. Hopefully I'll be back in Logan on Monday.

Good thing no one's trying to track me down, because aside from the five of you that read this, no one would ever know, lol.

I'm kidding, there's probably six of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home