Thursday, June 02, 2005

Trust.

Trust is an interesting thing. In the article that I'm going to post with this, there is a quote that says "Without trust, there is no love." How true. I keep telling some people this, but it's still in the open with one of them, I think. That is if she trusts me, though.

And then I have a new social experiment with this whole MySpace thing. It's so completely like Bolt, but it doesn't have the super highway feel. You can do essentially the same things, but I'm avoiding it for now. But it's actually quite an interesting thing. I've only had an account for what? Three days? And I have girls from all over the country saying things like "Hey suga." and stuff like that. Seriously, the farthest away is in Pennsylvania, with one that may or may not be from New York, New York.

I suppose that's the nature of the world today, I don't know. It's just wierd getting back into it, I suppose. Whatever. It does give me a bit of hope and motivation though. :-D

But as for that article, they think that they have found a hormone that affects trust: http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/06/01/trust.hormone.ap/index.html

Sounds like more witch doctor crap to me. They think they can use the research to treat Autism (sound familiar, they say the aspect that makes people not trust enough is what they want to treat) and some new Syndrome that causes toddlers to "trust too much" making them "nearly fearless when dealing with complete strangers".

I can only really see that as a problem in a few cases. Like, when is trusting to little a bad thing? I don't get the whole modern medicine thing. The more I study it the more it seems like they come up with arbitrary lines in things saying that this is "normal" and then try to enforce them beyond all logic. They don't actually seem to accept that each individuals mental and physical health is actually unique and that not everyone has to look at you while you're talking to hear you. Because if they don't, they have ADD, ADHD, Autism or any of the other millions of made up diseases. Yeah, show me a severe case and I'll by into it a little bit, but that doesn't necessarily mean it needs treated, nor treated with expensive drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home