Sunday, August 14, 2005

Song of the Week

Alrighty, it's about time I take charge of everything in my life and fulfill years worth of threats and promises, so be prepared to see something new from me at least once a week: Song of the Week.

According to the plan, I will be listing A song that I feel stirs me emotionally, or has helped me deal with something in my life. The hope is that at least one of you will need to hear it, read about it, or be reminded of it.

That being said, this week's song is Vindicated from the Spider Man 2 soundtrack. I'll post the lyrics, and I'd love to post the song, or a snippet of it, but I haven't the technical expertise. If any of you do, I will be greatly indebted to you.

One last thing and then the song: If you feel you have one that you need to share or want to share, send it to me or post it yourself on your bulletin and I will do my best to make sure it gets out there.

So the song:

DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL LYRICS

Vindicated


Hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine of which has caught my eye

And roped me in
So mesmerizing, so hypnotizing
I am captivated

[Chorus]
I am Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
I swear I knew it all along

And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself

So clear
Like the diamond in your ring
Cut to mirror your intentions
Oversized and overwhelmed
The shine of which has caught my eye
And rendered me so isoloated, so motivated
I am certain now that

[Chorus]

So turn
Up the corners of your lips
Part them and feel my finger tips
Trace the moment, fall forever
Defense is paper thin
Just one touch and I'd be in
Too deep now to ever swim against the current
So let me slip away [3x]
So let me slip against the current
and let me slip away [4x]

[Chorus]

Slight hope
It dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption...

1 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

I rather like it myself, of course, and (if I didn't previously mention it) the movie was on and I like that, too.

8/16/2005 08:16:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home