Thursday, March 02, 2006

It's a trap!

Dude, c'mon. There are totally enemy ships in sector four.

Yeah, but you knew that, didn't you?

Of course.

It's the whole hope thing.

You fool, you dare to hope.

You dare to trust.

You dare to love.

You dare to open yourself to the greedy thieves that seek to hurt you.

To maim you.

Who would never actually care for your individual security and peace of mind.

Who would never care to love you.

Greedy.

Hurtful.

False.

Tricksie hobbitses.

So here we are again.

Top of the slide, right?

Only for a moment.

It is a slide, you dork.

Time to start all over again.

Time to cauterize that wound.

No more bleeding hearts.

That's done with.

Several years too late, un-useful.

Hurtful even.

Tried that experiment.

It failed.

Pack it up and go home boy-ohs. No more need for your equipment here.

So I'm done. It's cool.

It might take a while.

It's certainly not going to be easy to just pack it up.

But it is necessary.

I'm not about to sit here and bleed to death while they rip open my freshly sealing wounds.

What's the point, the logic, in that?

None, I say.

And so it stops here.

A return to whence you came.

A much needed reform into the rigidity that has been my staple, in which you have come to love.

No more tears, no more bleeding, no more distance.

Firmness.

A return to what I was meant to be, and not a shallow mockery of it.

Deal with it.

It's not likely to be given up so easily again.

I'm tired of the situations that it has brought forth.

I told you that I should have just pulled out and nuked the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

Ah but we can.

It was meant to be, at least for me.

"For man wasn't meant to be alone."

"I am no man."

3/02/2006 01:20:00 PM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

Loaded question Porter.

Perhaps not above, but certainly apart.

Comes with the territory.

3/03/2006 02:28:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home