Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Today's post brought to you by the color red.

And you should have read this.

While I'm not espousing one or the other sets of rioters in the least, isn't it a bit ironic that the counter group is, or has to be, labeled as Christian? How long ago were the crusades again...?

I find a lot still inherent here with this debate, maybe just something to notice in passing, but this obviously goes deeper than just a resentment of American and Western culture in general.

To have a cartoon in a country scarcely on the map to have such far reaching implications. Give me a break. This story has never been written because it would never sell, but we are reading its truth now.

Why is it that this even can cross the mind of an individual...?

Where does it makes sense that you can riot and burn buildings and people alike for something that was in a newspaper article in a foreign land?

I hate to be general, I hate to be bold, but I still believe that the Muslim religion needs to go. At least in its popular incarnation.

I don't believe the that the Qu'ran actually preaches that you run amok killing everyone who doesn't agree with you, but you can hardly say that my interpretation is the popular and common one. The current leadership needs to make an ideological change, or be changed.

There can't be any group on earth left alone that tolerates any level of violence for something like this. What century are we in? How "civilized" are we as a race if we let our brothers run amok like this, and if we do it ourselves? How do you even get into that mentality in the first place...?

I hate to make it sound like I want to step up and control their thoughts and everything, but there doesn't seem like there's much reason to be found in a group of peoples that will burn you to death for some other country's political cartoonist.

Not a whole lot of love and understanding to be found there, I think.

But it needs to be stopped, ended and otherwise done away with. I don't see how any of this can persist, and I personally feel that it will escalate long before it is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home