Thursday, October 26, 2006

Do you take your hands and face off when you go to bed??

Today was an interesting day.

You're always asking me what I see, so here's a run down:

I saw a pair of high powered binoculars that are rumored to be able to see the dumptrucks at Kennecott (these binoculars are on the east bench, across the entire valley).

I saw the sun through the trees and how it greeted the world beyond.

I saw myself complete a task I had long wondered how to approach.

I sort of wish it had been more clear cut than it was. While I feel caring for the economically challenged, or homeless, or however you want to say it, is a noble deed in a fashion or not. And while the gentleman seemed to fit the bill, in large part, I had trouble not saying no while the guy was watching a DVD player.

So, I don't know, I looked passed that eventuality. That oddity. There are reasons that could have been the case, but who knows right now?

The slightly funny thing to me was that I had to play translator for the guy.

He wanted bacon, you know, from Pork? But really, it was very difficult to understand. We were at McDee's and the Manager and I kept looking at each other and shrugging, somewhat ironic because I'm rather sure that the manager's native language is Spanish.

But we sorted it out and the guy got fed.

I feel good about it, it's just kinda odd.

Not like I should be trumpetting it or anything, far more deserving people exist, giving large pieces of their lives to feed and volunteer.

Me and my $5 jump in the cause.

Odd that it could be that simple?

I think for me, though, this is one of the hardest social stigmas to shake off.

The suspicion of such people and the reaction that they're some sort of leper.

It really challenges me socially, but once I got through my paranoia and the like, I felt mostly good about it.

Anyways.

Also, I could kill you with my brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home