Sunday, October 22, 2006

Set fourth and let loose the houds of Hell.

I haven't felt these feelings in a while. It's bothersome and yet refreshing, like a freshly falling rain.

Open arms, the cold doesn't bother me like you think it should.

I was found by someone today. Interesting, but all too easy. I know the bridge she used, I note it, and need do nothing.

As always I am in control.

What I find interesting is all of the poetic things that can be written about others while ignoring where I feel credit should go.

I suppose that will always be one of my selfish tendencies.

When I don't want any sort of credit when it's freely handed to me, it's modest to refuse, right? But if someone is going on and on about how great someone is and showed them how to be a friend, the person who pulled them from a deadly encounter with an amazonian river is whisked away into the night never to be remembered.

Figuritively or not.

I guess I just don't like it when other people are being given cookies and I'm overlooked, even if I'm just going to obstain.

Did I say it made sense? I guess not, but it's one of my issues.







------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Time for a more charming topic.

I was explaining to one of my relatively new friends at work my theory of dying early and how best to achieve it.

For a disclaimer: I will personally shit kick each and everyone of you that even thinks that this is a suicidal tendancy. It's something different then that. I don't fear death and I don't exactly welcome it either.

I don't like the idea of getting old, but more than anything I use this knowledge as a weapon. I use it to combat the fear that someone might die at any point and thus we should live in an armored suit so that we never die.

The fear of death is just about as irrational as you trying to do a slide on your skateboard while 50ft in the air.

The point is that you will die, and you could die now, but a metorite impact, or tomorrow on the way to work.

Spending it in fear is not the way to live.

Thus, I present the ways, and odds of dying for me (and truthfully, just about all of us).

First, btw, www.deathclock.com says I only have 1,676,944,577 seconds to live, which they calculate out to being Sunday, December 14, 2059 meaning that I will be 73 years old. Damnit.

For some factual ways to die and the odds of it happening in a year:

As per the World Health Organization, if I recall right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_causes_of_death_by_rate

As per the U.S. Disastercenter.com:

15-24:

http://www.disastercenter.com/cdc/111riskd.html

25-44:

http://www.disastercenter.com/cdc/111riske.html

No need to continue, as the goal I'm looking for is by 40.

As per http://www.unitedjustice.com/death-statistics.html:

Killed in car accidents 42,116*
Killed by the common flu 20,000*
Killed by murders 15,517*
Killed in airline crashes
(of 477m passenger trips) 120 (1)
Killed by lightning strikes 90*
Killed by Anthrax 5

(1) Annual average over 19 year period.
*Average annual totals in United States.

http://www.benbest.com/lifeext/causes.html says it rather well with an actual break down of percentages.

Are we noticing a theme yet?

You think there might be a reason of me not wanting to get old and/or drive? I mean, if you're old AND drive, you're screwed.



That being said, that doesn't even get into the fun, end of the world scenarios:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_of_the_world

I had one that had a science journal's neet end of the world thing, but I can't find it...

The point is, we're screwed, get over it.

You have NO chance to survive, make your time. Make it what you want, but don't expect me to fear it as well.

"You shouldn't take life so seriously, you won't make it out alive."

http://humormatters.com/bump.html

Only place I could find it quoted, but it's a quaint bumpersticker website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home