Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Quotes for 11/8/06

Whatever you may be sure of, be sure of this, that you are dreadfully like other people.
- James Russell Lowell
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
- Thomas Jefferson
Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.
- George Burns



Why does it strike now?

Why does the doubt come now? No small irony that my physical weekness spreads to my mind in my wearied state.



Or perhaps I should embrace them?

I don't know.

It's odd looking back now. Future seems brighter, more open, and ironically it is an illusion.

I see a great many hopes, but lesser hopes.

I'm being archaic again it seems, another lapse.

Perhaps I should sleep and shake off the past and doubts that seek to take me.



I wish to forget my troubles, and swore to never do so.

The darkness and the light, still fight.

The human and that which would rise above.

I am the line that is drawn.

I stand where I am able to only. Move anywhere and I shall fall forever.

Follow the path is my only choice.

It has been my only choice.

I am the battle line that is drawn and neither side shall pass lest I let it.

Come toil with me if you dare.

....


Nice to see a response. Need more sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home