Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Unisys Take 2

So today was better by about 150%.

It really was quite good.

We actually had training and we actually had someone responsible for us and not just trying to occupy us. I SO hate "busy" work. Even if I get paid for it.

So I'm a real boy now, at least that's what I've been telling everyone since I got my badge. These badges are really neat, they keep the security guards from tackling you each morning and deactivate the landmines in the courtyard so that you may pass on your own accord now, and not need to pass in proximity to any other ACTUAL employees (which I can now prove that I am. As well as NOT being a terrorist and all of the other fun things that I can now prove that I'm NOT).

We actually did training, as I said. We got to get into the programs (sorta) and mess around with them. Because each of the "queues" or projects have their own contracts, needs and wants, each has entirely different requirements (from people, machines, and software) to fulfill. Because of that, and the fact that they aren't 100% sure that we are ALL going to Capital One (a very new, very important project for them) they are holding off on any specific training. Which we probably won't get until we're on the floor on Monday. Great.

But it's been a huge boon in understand just what exactly is going on when we watch someone take a call. So now we can have questions to ask.

Other then that, three breaks and an hour lunch (1:45 of work time off, heh) kept the day running rather smoothly for me. Only nodding off a couple of times. But we have our headsets and badges and will "finish" up training on Service Desk tomorrow (the program). Which is great since that's two days of "training" and then active duty. But even though we are pretty sure we'll bomb it early on, it REALLY doesn't seem like anything all that difficult. Super easy, so if you're looking for easy money, I can definately get you an inside track on moving in on it.

*wink, wink. nudge, nudge*

Sorry, I've been waiting to pimp myself out for three days.

Yeah, 'cause I forgot to mention a few things yesterday, I plan on boring you with them today:

Their facility is a freakin' compound. I've actually learned two specific subterfuge/strategic things since I've started (believe it or not). One involving computers that you don't want messed with and the other involving counter-storming on a building (or making it a hell of a lot harder to take a building by using ground forces - that is, unless they have HEAVY or tank support).

Anyways.

That and the fact that their facility has three generators (which currently it only takes one to power the ENTIRE building, and 6,000 gallons of fuel which equates to 4 DAYS of continues and uninterupted run time). And I think it was a 4 hour UPS which provides a SEAMLESS power continuance in case of an outage. This place is stacked. So that coupled with a foosball table, and you're set for life. Heh.

That's about all I can think of to waste time with today. So why don't you take the rest of the day off? I'll see you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home