Sunday, September 10, 2006

It's the end of the world as we know it.

And I feel fine.




So here we are, I can post now after the long weekend at Aliens in the Rockies 7.

I think we lost again, but it's not about the losing so much as the knowing that we fought together, we fought honorably, and even with the Mercs usual (and less than noble) antics, we didn't get crushed.

I was part of the vanguard that covered the field end to end.

We controlled all of the flags for much of the day.

In my brilliance (and one of my favorite stories for the weekend) I didn't realize my barrel on my A5 was upside down until it was too late.

It only matters because, to aid accuracy, the barrel spins the ball to make it fly longer and truer. Anyways, I had it upside down so it had the reverse affect. It was sad because I was getting miffed at my gun not shooting as I knew it should (especially as I bought it used an this was its first weekend out), but glad to know it was a two minute fix.

After that, it was nice to be able to out shoot the Mercs that had to lob their paint.

For those that don't know, the primary teams are the United States Colonial Marines and the Weyland Yutani Mercenaries.

The concept of the scenario game is that the Weyland Mercs found a planet where there are alien eggs (for more info on the universe watch Alien and Aliens primarily, and then at least Predator, if not Predator 2 and Aliens vs. Predator). The reason they are there, is to get the gear for research, and the government dispatched the marines to stop them.

Naturally a fight ensues, and we have fun for a weekend.

No battle wounds, sadly, I got one welt from a hit in the dark that didn't break, and it's already a healing bruise.

The one hit that broke on open skin, didn't hurt, leave a welt, or anything.

Quite odd.

I do love the fact that for all of my gear being unproven and untested, it worked superbly.

Not a single issue, but I will need a different tent to camp in colder climates.

It was a good weekend, we made many new friends and hope to go out again soon as we have leftover air and paint.

Already have tweaks in mind for next year. I need a way to load my gun without putting it in the dirt.

And don't worry, Honey, I killed plenty of people in my barbarian blood sport.

4 Comments:

Blogger utpoohbear said...

*giggles* "Don't worry honey..." Sounds like you had a great time!

9/11/2006 12:10:00 AM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

Smart asses.

That comment was for "Honey in the Tea".

But that's fine, I knew that was coming anyways.

9/11/2006 04:04:00 PM

 
Blogger utpoohbear said...

Well regardless as to who it was for, I'm sure she missed you too! :)

9/11/2006 09:24:00 PM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

I don't need anymore trouble with the misses, lol...

9/11/2006 09:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home