Friday, July 21, 2006

Do you feel an awakening?

I know that I do.

I don’t know what’s going on, if the moon is in the right phase (is it a new moon tonight? Because that would make sense.), but I am definitely feeling like myself again.

Oh my God it feels good to be like this again.

I don’t know what my problem has been lately, but I feel that some sort of soul sucking power just released me.

I haven’t felt great, and you hear this all the time, but I think this time I could be back on track for a true revival.

What am I talking about? You’ll probably never know.

I’m hoping that out with this goes every negative emotion I have ever held.

I am better than this. I am finally realizing what I’ve always known.

I’ve realized that lately I’ve settled for surviving, when reality dictates that I be better then that.

I almost slipped into an all too common curse of settling for what I have, for taking the mediocre and easy path and for being content.

I have always known that there is no happiness in contendedness. You settle for being content in a give and take that means you won’t have to lose as much.

But that’s not happiness.

Happiness is not giving up joy for the sake of not being self-deprecating. It becomes a stagnant pool of depression.

Carpe Vive, seize the life. Ok, so Vive is French, but without the net I’m kicking some ass, okie day?

So I hope that I keep this fire and get on track, yet again.

I’m going to use it through these interviews to see if I can switch up and improve. It’s always been there, but without the fire and passion. I am not a lifer, I am not going to settle for a job that can take care of me. I am going to get what I want.

I don’t want riches, I don’t want fame, I just want to be the best that I can be in this one man army.




And now for something completely different:


Religion as a subject offends and worries many a modern thinking man, but I don’t see why it should.

I’ve come to realize that at worst, religion is a set of mystical symbols that will help explain the world around you.

For example:

Do you believe in good acts, do you believe in evil circumstances? Have you ever given human personalities to inanimate objects or ideas?

I think this is a horribly simple way of putting it, it lacks the fundamental reason for religion, but what is the evil in creating understanding?

If I have any hellfire atheists reading this, I would love you to comment, same if there are any of the religious here that are offended. It’s an idea that has its flaws and I see some, but would be loathed to say that I see them all.

Heck, if I personalize my computer and have it ‘telling’ me things, then I believe that others can use metaphors to explain the world around them.

That will at least cover the mystical symbology inherent in religion, but it won’t cover the divine nature of a supremely holy creator and crafter of everything. Thus a flaw.

2 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

Very interesting and sound concept there.

I wish I could have remembered the other discussions I've had on this topic, but the eloquent words spoken months ago elude me.

But indeed, there is a certain spark to you as of late. It's unique and well as an artist I can say this without it being weird, beautiful. I haven't really seen you since this but speaking to you you sound more in your element.

you found that part ofyourself again, on your own.

7/24/2006 03:28:00 AM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

Oh trust me.

You're a wierdo, artist or not.

You just have a license now.

"Practicing Wierdo."

7/27/2006 06:04:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home