Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Here we are! Born to be kings!"

"We're the princes of the Universe."

That just popped into my head.

Interesting.

Behold all ye pesky little nerds, we return from LA as new beings, we are Uber Nerds. We have spoken with, seen, and dealt with those that are legendary. We have been there and back again as a small radio show and have returned as something else.

Seeing Carrie Fisher, William Shatner, Jeri Ryan and more all as close to me as though the two of us were talking. That is a cool thing indeed.

It's cool in the sense that we have done things that people don't even get to dream about unless they dream big.

That makes the show worth doing.

Of course I will spend about the next two months recovering. Heh.

But it was fun. We went to LA as kings, not as visitors and not as three guys from a po-dunk show in Layton, Utah.

It was fun.

I have notes, a journal per se, that I will be posting, but I have to re-construct it and have other things to do.

A sad day indeed when my computer doesn't even have the URL to my own blog stored in it's memory banks.

Now it's a bit of time to clean up. I almost need to take a week off of work just to get some work done.

Heh.

I will bore you with the exciting chronicles of our trip later.

Until then, I'm hooking up the other 486 GB HD in Juggernaut and going to turn it into a dual booting monster in a few.

Not to mention all of the stuff I have to catch up on from earlier in life.

Fun, fun.

Happy, happy, joy, joy.

4 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

I hate to be a kill joy.

I'll try to be less literal.

I could compare the excitement to meeting some of my favorite writers and poets but even that... I'd see it as a priveledge, not an honor.

I don't believe that having the leeway to be in anyones presence (minus deity here) adds worth to anyone else or their establishments. It should be self evident.

I'm very skeptical of celebrities, I do not always celebrate them as creative and gifted artists, or the gods at the peak of this society above the more aimiable politicians, teachers, and searchers. It's material, I hate the hype I hate the worship, I hate that they are dripping in riches and I hate how the economy is so gapped.

Maybe it comes from not liking movies. Even still one of my childhood lines of thinking was if this movie took billions of dollars to make, (not including royalties for actors / actresses)

I will respect people for their talent not their reputation in a bueaucratic field. I find it hard to know that many are out there with sheer talent but lack what many of the leading actors and actresses have - ability to barter, operate the motions, negotiate, and fritter away through and then nest in the dynamics of hollywood. It is little to do with talent, partially talent but mainly sucking up to critics. Actors should have no need for managers, maybe secretaries later on but intially no.

Do you remember when we went out to chilis and I saw one of my customers? The girl in the pagents with her stage mom? The reason why I questioned the girl on her performances was partially because Ihad mentioned it to people before, but without experiencing it, they seemed little interested in the story. I thought it was overhyped over dramatic. It diguisted me, that it would have to go so far as to paint on bruises and feign hurt for a sad and down to earth song, completely took away the point. Sorry, I digress. Anyway you shook your head in response, saying that it isn't about what they are ableto do but more the mothers, frivilious decorations. Her performances were heavily judged on what she was wearing, the style of her hair, shoes, etc. not what she was able to do. But that's mainly what they loved about it.

I don't think reputation swallows quality.

I don't believe that paying homage to celebrities is nearly al that glorious.

I think the recognition you had as ISCIFI is valid, that they though you were valuable enough as press.

But all I can see most actors are is as overglorified high horsed nobles.

8/17/2006 01:48:00 PM

 
Blogger vermilion said...

I love my lack of english syntax...

8/17/2006 01:50:00 PM

 
Blogger vermilion said...

Perfect by nature
Icons of self indulgence
Just what we all need
More lies about a world that

Never was and never will be
Have you no shame? Don't you see me?
You know you've got everybody fooled

Look here she comes now
Bow down and stare in wonder
Oh how we love you
No flaws when you're pretending
but now I know
she

Never was and never will be
You don't know how you've betrayed me
And somehow you've got everybody fooled

Without the mask
Where will you hide?
Can't find yourself
Lost in your lie

I know the truth now
I know who you are
And I don't love you anymore

It never was and never will be
You don't know how you've betrayed me
And somehow you've got everybody fooled

It never was and never will be
You're not real and you can't save me
Somehow now you're everybody's fool

- evanessence

this pretty much sums up my disposition towards the hypes

8/17/2006 01:52:00 PM

 
Blogger utpoohbear said...

Just wondering if you are ever going to update again? :)

9/01/2006 10:33:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home