Monday, November 13, 2006

What's your 20?

It's kind of odd.

Slipping into oblivion while still being alive.

Watching it happen and just content to let it do so.

I've been there and back again, many times, but never quite like this...

I've seen it coming, but never quite felt like I was on the verge of falling down a great drain.

It's like my higher mental faculties want to shut off forever and let my capable body just exist.

There's no more reason for pushing to the end of ends. Why should I? What do I get?

I don't get so much as a hug and a stuffed animal at the end. My race ends the same as all. I just stop running, and then die.

It's the same for me if I have thirty brazillion dollars in the bank or if I die a pauper, homeless and on the street.

I don't get the feeling that my success in life will yield me all that much.

I like the feelings I get at times, but if I do take over the world? Nothing. I shape peoples lives, maybe I change the course of history, and for what though?

I don't get it, and I'm in one of those moods that I find it bothers me...

I'm not supposed to talk about it, but I have a moderte to high likelyhood of being out of the country in February. For a minimum of three weeks. That's why the odd questions and I'm glad for those that answered my riddle of a question.

I'm excited for the prospect, and everyone makes it sound like it's a sure thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea and am more excited than you could possibly imagine, but I don't believe in a sure thing. Ok, so maybe I believe in a reasonably sure thing, or something like that, but it's more complex then that because nothing's ever simple with me.

I should challenge myself a little more. Maybe that's what this is all about... I don't have anywhere to put my energy. All I do is harrass Vermillion and that's getting well beyond the point of being a good thing. Especially as it comes up more and more in our conversations.

I'm tired of the only challenges in life being those of my design. Not to say that I want the house to burn down or anything like that, but face it, when I solve a puzzle, and then mix up the pieces again, I still know where the pieces are, where they fit, and how long it will take me to finish it.

At least for a little while this suffices.

It's interesting to see myself drain away again, slowly. Not that I want it, but it's more interesting to have two halves of myself so completely seperate and yet so completely aware of each other.

I shall miss our conversations...

I maintain that I shouldn't be allowed to stay up late like this and by myself. I've decided that is probably my issue right there. Too little sleep, staying up too late, it's all going to drive my health into the ground and make me clinically insane, irrefutably loony and quite ludicrous.

Therefore, I bid you good night. Don't ask me about my potential trip, everything in my soul burns to tell you about it, but I was asked not to. That being said, I need to work on this whole secrecy thing again. It used to be that only information came in and that if I didn't want you to know, I wouldn't even hint at it. Now I'm acting like a newb spy begging to be caught.

Sheesh.

6 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

Nothing frustrates me more than spending so much time writing out a response, and then, blogger doesn't carry it over....

So since I just lost most everything I wrote, perhaps I'll try to carry it over to conversation.

11/14/2006 01:02:00 AM

 
Blogger vermilion said...

none the less, you had a lot of interesting things to say and good grounds for discussion on this, I'll get back to you once I get over that I just typed my guts out and it got swallowed up by my non responsive dialup...

11/14/2006 01:34:00 AM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

You state: "About this trip?" like there's a question there. You wish for me to elaborate? You wish to come? Is there a detail you want to know about? Unfortunately I'm short on details, but if you ask, I will share what I know.

11/16/2006 03:51:00 PM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

Trip to India.

This is all tentative, btw, so it may or may not happen still, but I'm hoping for it.

We'll be leaving early in February, early return would be March 4.

Minimum of three weeks, maximum is up to us basically.

I would be going there to train them to be call center associates (to do my job, more or less).

Potentially going to involve a raise, that's what makes sense anyways.

It's all going to be paid for by the company.

I think that's it for the most part, did I miss any detail you wanted to know about?

11/17/2006 03:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

do you get your own squishy machine and I am not understanding membership card?

11/18/2006 10:33:00 AM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

The reason it's tenative is that another office in the company might send their people instead.

A lot has to happen between now and then and they won't know who's sending whom until the end of the year.

I've already told Vermillion that should I get it, I'm gone. Lol, I let her know when I was telling her that I wasn't asking for permission.

As much as I'd miss her, I'd expect she'd do the same thing.

Traveling to other countries is something young punks like us dream about and brag about.

This would be my chance.

I'd start off my world dominating scheme from where my name-sake lost it last time.

It'll be cool beyond reason.

11/22/2006 08:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home