Monday, December 11, 2006

Adventure.

"Listen, do you hear that?"

"What?"

"Exactly..."

So Saturday I made the right move for once.

Friday, Frank comes over, asks me if I want to go on a long, gruelling road trip with him to the Idaho boarder.

Sounds exciting, right? Not so much.

I didn't feel like an adventure. Didn't want to go.

What the HELL is wrong with me?

Saturday morning, 9 AM, calling Frank to tell him he better not leave without me.

I regained my senses.

We left. Be back in the afternoon, perfect.

We leave, we grab a number, we kick ass and come home.

Our mission, accepted and kicked was to acquire a Christmas Tree for each of us.

Harvested by ourselves, no farmed trees this time.

Something like a 6-8 hr round trip all be told.

Those were my first words when we got out of the truck.

No planes, no trains, no cars, no birds. Just us and the impending storm. The trees, and yeah, power lines, but even they couldn't rob me of this.

While we were going up there, he admitted that we were now relying on the maps and that he didn't know the way from there. "No worries, it's an adventure from here on."

It was very much worth it. I figured it would be.

I got a nifty flash light returning, too, not to mention I got a fully legal copy of one of my favorite games of all time, finally: Starcraft (ok, so Brood War is what I needed a legal copy of, lost the disks for the others if you care and you're FBI or something. I have it all legal now, sucka.)

Which I played with Squirt today and we kicked it. It was actually pretty damn good. He got pwned pretty badly in the first game and I pulled his ass out of the fire and saved him, the second game however and life intefered. Whitney called, dinner came, and we soldiered on, but I picked a fight that I wasn't ready for and barely pulled it off. He definately carried the weight of the second game, though I helped a ton and got the battle plan hammered out.

It was great.

To continue the streak today, I managed to colonize my 3rd colony, and am on my way to my 4th in 3 hrs.

My 3rd colony is twice the size of my Homeworld and 2.5 times the size of my first colony and is right in the middle of a mess of action and a few trouble makers that we've recently dealt with. Here comes the pain again.

It's a great deal of fun.

I hope your victories are equally as fruitful.

Have fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger utpoohbear said...

You guys passed Kevin coming back with your Christmas trees on the interstate. He had to go to Idaho on Saturday for work. :) I hope you have a beautiful tree and that you enjoyed the adventure! ;)

12/12/2006 09:58:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home