Saturday, February 12, 2005

On the importance of... Oh forget it!

Lol, I guess it's a tad harder to do than I thought, I could do it, but I don't care so much anymore... Anyways...

I am posting for the first time from my new abode. That's right, I have the internet and my desktop all set up in my room. All that's left is a little to do about conveniance: like I could use a table at least and a chair so that I'm a bit more comfortable...

But I met the other roomate this morning. I say this morning because I didn't get home until early again because of work, but it worked out because I managed to meet Juan, and he's a cool guy. We talked for about an hour to get things settled out and find out a little bit about each other. It was pretty funny because he might as well have said, "Nice to meet you, welcome to the family" because in the course of that conversation he made repeated assurances that I'd meet his girlfriend at some point and even suggested that I might hook up with her cousins or something. It was really kinda funny, but I'm glad that my reservations were misplaced. And he's quite similar to my personality, in baser levels. He shares a similar level of paranoia about people breaking in to his room or whatnot (just in the sense of a home invasion, not roommates), but it's just fun. He's an interesting guy.

On top of that, people never really cease to amaze me. I was in the middle of grumbling to myself about how people behaved in public and at fast food resturaunts in particular, when this lady asked me about my name. When I was curious what about she made mention that she wanted my name so that she could give it to all of the resturaunts around so that she could tell them that I needed to train their waitresses and PR people, as she put it. I was flabberghasted. Could you imagine? I know that it's not likely to happen, but just the intent behind the compliment made my day. I nearly laughed aloud as I was writing down my name for her and the Carl's Jr. service number. Just insane. Life's finally starting to turn around, I think. It's getting better anyways.

And today I managed to spend four hours gallavanting around town and get the few things that I needed: batteries, ethernet cord, and a pitcher. I got a 2.5 qt. pitcher and four 30 oz. cups for $2.04! Walmart is awesome, sometimes...

No real rants today, but it's nice to know that there are some out in the sea of humanity that aren't afraid or too reserved to recognize the good in the world. It makes life easier when you're appreciated...

But I suppose I need to do some things in preparation for the coming week. I have homework and funwork to do... And I need to see about some other things... It's so nice to have my computer again...

I now return you to your regularly scheduled web surfing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home