Wednesday, February 09, 2005

On independance and the Matrix theory of creation.

Yeah, scary title, ain't it? But it gets about what I've been doing for the last two days or so. I know, basically, have that apartment. (A reason I don't think the universe is against me). All I have to do is drop off the deposit, what's left for this month's rent, and pick up the key (of course putting my stuff in there). It's an amazing thing really. I'm afraid of what's going to happen, in a base level, and yet I am livid with all of the opportunities that will open up... An astonoshing thing, even though it has appeared periodically for almost three years... But that means that I'll be happier, unless something bad happens, of course. And then there's that whole food thing...

But as for the latter part of the headline, I'll get to that in a little bit. But first a quote that I feel needs to be shared:

"A promise is all about faith.
It's only as strong as your faith in your own self,
in your own God."


Yeah, I pulled that out of a book that my dad got for my mom that had a lengthy version of the song "I hope you dance." with it. Most of the stuff in the book was inspiring and poetic, but I knew most of it or had read it elsewhere. That, though, speaks to the current events and sometimes I just want a plane so that I can paper the town with my messages. The reason people break their own promises is because they don't have faith in themsleves and those around them. That's what that says to me. I have absolute certainty about who I am, I don't lie to myself or others to cover up who I am. But those who do never have faith in others or in themselves. I know, they told me that was why. But to put it into it's inspiring context, the rest of that poem goes on to say that making a promise is a beautiful thing because it shows how much faith you have. I didn't like that. I think that KEEPING your promises shows how much all of that means to you. I could make promises all day and never mean them, and people do that to me all of the time. But my word is my bond and I do everything that I can do to keep from breaking that. Whether you do it or not is your afair, just don't expect me to appreciate being lied to.

But anyways, I had a bit of epiphany yesterday while on the road back up here, and it comes about a little from multiple theories of why people are here, etc. And the title comes about because of the fact that I grabbed some of it from the second Matrix movie. But I'm going to maintain that a lot of what's philisophically moving from that trillogy was in my mind beforehand. They just made it awesome... But the point is a unifying theme between the themes of our celestial bodies being in heaven before we're born, and our corporeal bodies, and then going back up again (more or less, and definately more complex than that). In essence, we are spirits before we're born, and to keep it simple I'm going to try and simplify as much as possible. Basically, during that time we are preparing to be here. We are given, if you will, a bank card/score card/whatever for which to prepare. You basically use this in determining who you are going to be from what you look like, all the way to what desicions you would make and your personality. Enter the theory of Destiny and Choice: Matrix put forth an interesting idea, that you have already made your choice and now you're just trying to understand it (the Oracle), but this also encompasses the theory of destiny being that your path has already been paved for you. It essentially encompasses what I've always thought which is that you are your destiny. The path has to be laid out because if God knows all things, then he knows what you're going to do: Destiny. BUT!! God gives fee will and allows you to choose your own: Choice. Thus if we choose beforehand, we estabilish our destiny, and then we are sent to Earth to see how well we chose. Now me, being a fan of combining ideas from multiple religions to see how they fit, bring up the theory of re-incarnation and this whole scenario. And esentially I still just have theories, but that's what they are, and I'm not sure how they relate via the texting going on here. But I had to write it down somewhere...

Anyways, I do hope your mind exploded with the sudden insight, I know mine did (it was rather messy...)

I'll post later at some point from my apartment and let you know how things are going there. I know you're all livid with anticipation.

Did you notice that I used livid three times in this post? Exciting, isn't it...

5 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/10/2005 12:40:00 PM

 
Blogger vermilion said...

The Matrix, or the Mormon religion.

I also look into other religions as well. It's very interesting, but again, I am 'disconnerdulated'.

2/10/2005 12:42:00 PM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

I see you've found the delete button...

Dis-what? Never heard that term before... Sounds like something they'd use to label someone...

Some people (one or two) have taken my theories thus and been quick to gobble them up with the Mormon Doctrine. But I can assure you that these are my own. I've never known anyone else to quantify the spirit in such terms, and I definately didn't get the pre-worldly spirit idea from the Doctrines, I got it from my own church. It doesn't bother me that the ideas are similar, it bothers me that they are so quickly gobbled up and swallowed by devout Mormons that because I'm anti-mormon and I quoted what they believe, I must be on the verge of converting.

I find that no matter the source, truth will be truth, which basically means if Buddha tells you "Thou shalt not kill." and God tells you and Allah tells you and... They're all right. I don't understand how the message being the same can be "better" coming from one religion over the other. That's why I dabble in the "darkness" that's why I question other religions, all of them as adamantly. They all share common messages, and it's intriguing to find all of the roots of that, etc. For instance rumor has it that Chinese mythology has "Leprechans" as well... Such an interesting developement when you consider that they are something out of Irish mythology... And there's more than that. That's why I always question... When I take the "Mormon Truth" (my words) and compare it to the "Truth of the Universe according to Justin" or Buddhism, they are often very similar. That helps with my religious tollerance alot. I don't feel the need to run around converting people to "my" faith if they already buy into most of it. It's like we're all holding a rose, but some of you call it a stink blossom. It's still a rose, who cares what it's called?

2/10/2005 03:39:00 PM

 
Blogger vermilion said...

Devout? you forget me here...

Inside joke, though I won't bother you with it if you don't want me to go through the explainations.

Yes, I do agree with that, there is a lot of truth in most religions, or so I've come to find. Then I find it sad that wars over religion itself when the differences in their beliefs are nearly the same.

It was nice to hear about the ceasefire in Israel. I hope that now, after so long, they can negotiate and finally settle those long fought battles.

My friend's dad once said (about the Irish, but it relates to this) that maybe they are not fighting, the fight is in them...

2/11/2005 07:22:00 AM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

Yeah, don't get me started on the religious wars of the past centuries. Entire armies in Russia raised for revolution to decide whether you should cross yourself with two or three fingers...

Definately sad days for humanity and the name of organized religion.

I would hesitate to embrace the Israeli ceasefire, I am overjoyed at the news, too. But how many have there been so far? And just that you can remember? It seems that the peoples in that region like to use it for some sort of advantage, but it doesn't make sense. We had two or three supposed ceasefires with one of the Cleric leaders in Iraq too. I just hope it lasts.

2/11/2005 11:57:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home