Saturday, February 05, 2005

And the winner by a nose is...

Yeah, I'm still alive, though it was a bit of a challenge. But looking back, it was pretty easy for the most part. But I don't recomend living by necessity. I had little to choose this last week in what I did. I did what I did out of survival of my body, mind, and spirit. And by Friday, I was breaking down quite noticeably... But then I made it to work and it was much better. Of course it sucked being there until 2:00 AM, of course it sucked watching groups of aged friends, and couples come in to enjoy themselves. But I relished in supplying them with minute bits of laughter, and that kept me alive, and quite possibly maintained the bulk of my sanity.

And then it struck me, not as a surprise, but as a thought in passing. I am two completely different personas between work and school. At school I am very dark and passive, and yet still maintain that force of will, but as a shroud... But at work I am the beaming people pleaser, the guy that everyone knows, and who can get just about anyone to talk to him. It was ironic to the point that I started humming the "Cheers" theme song by closing shift. It's an odd thing, especially when my shift leader is a bit off the social and societal mainstream. He's quite easily half the nerd I am, but I think freak him out a little bit, sometimes. But work isn't so bad, it's just that I have to work. But really, it's great except for the lousy pay and the harsh hours. I don't know if I'm just lucky, or if I just do a better job of ignoring the honery and grumpy, but I love the people in the fast food business. For the most part they are some of the best people I have ever known...

But I am also fighting my urges to leave society once and for all. I really like people, but I can't stand how offully they can treat each other. I'd love to say that I'm the only one who's ever had to go through some of the things that I have lately, but I actually know someone who is going to go through it, but no less than 10 times worse. It makes me sick. And now I have to evaluate how I'm going to react to everything. It's so pathetic and horrible that so many people don't understand the power of truth. Just to say it, to be candid and hold nothing back, to just be honest and unashamed of who you are. If people would do that, would just be proud of who they were and would tell the truth, there would be almost no pain and the world would abound with love. But no. We can't have that. Everyone sticks to their petty lies. And I'd love to say that it's a phase that people grow out of, absolutely not. It afflicts those that are far past the teen drama of Jr. High and High Schools. It surpasses even the more suttle, and yet more unabashed college drama. It hits adults and married couples constantly. And what's the draw? Do you honestly gain something by lying? I admit that in some circumstances I find it might be prudent, but it is no less than 10 times worse when it comes out. It doesn't matter how long you lied, for a day or for years, it causes multitudes upon multitudes of more irreperable damage than just simply stating the facts...

It makes me sick. I swear that if I have to find out that one more of my friends, or someone close to me, has lied to ANYONE like that again, I just might quit. Hermitize me Cap'n! It doesn't much matter to me anymore, if I'm going to have to worry about someone who claims to love me, whom I love, ever turning about and doing that to me again... There's not really much I could do to assure my actions. Nothing violent, I've already fought that one off when confronted with it... But my heart can barely take this. So many lies, half truths and whole hearted hurts. It's not enough that they tell you that they lied to you for so long, they have to drag you through the mud afterwards... I'm getting very anti-mankind here, so I think I'm going to stop before I say something that I regret. But there's no point! Please, please, please! If you respect and love anything, just be candid and true! True to yourself, true to others...

If not for my sake, then for yours... I guess I say that realizing that those who always are causing the most harm couldn't care less...

3 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

It sounds like we share the same doubts right now. I'm getting a little misanthropic myself. I have no place to say, there is a reason. I can't defend or deny it.

The only things that sustains me is that everyone can't be that way. I don't think that the universe would go out of it's way to tip the scales against our favor forever, we are just mere mortals after all. To have that kind of punishment, we'd definitely need higher status.

2/09/2005 07:20:00 AM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

Lol, well it is said that you don't judge a man by his friends, but by his enemies. If I were to claim the universe as a legitimate enemy then I think that would be something. I've never really claimed that, otherwise I'd be horrified to be out in the woods by myself waiting for nature to conjure something to claim me. Instead I take society as my enemy. Always have. They have conjured up liars and thieves and murderers and then give them every excuse for what they did as being wrong. And while they promote that, they fine Janet Jackson for a "wardrobe malfunction" during the superbowl. Arguably during a situation driven towards the base of male nature in the first place: scantily clad women and men slamming into each other with the high likely-hood of injury...

Irony.

This is why I don't like the mainstream. And it's a little more common than I would hope, but every bit as common as I've always feared... All I can do is my best to fight it at every turn...

2/09/2005 09:15:00 AM

 
Blogger vermilion said...

I don't trust society either, the dynamics of it lead me away from doing so.

2/09/2005 10:57:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home