Monday, July 18, 2005

STRPG

So yesterday was a very eventfull day for once.

I managed to find a site so that I could finally activate a copy of MS Office 2000. Yeah, it's a bit outdated, but it will be naturally easier to deal with because there will be a mess of information for it. And I took advantage of that.

But for most of the day I spent it with my dad and friends playing a game. We played the first game of the Star Trek Role Playing Game. Note the title. Anyways, Carl is the DM and it's great. I'm still getting used to the system (seriously, this system has taken me SO long to get used to, it's nuts. I just think it's because it wasn't well written, but I don't know... It's definately shifted my average for learning games, heh.)

But yesterday was a blast, mostly. I don't know that I had all that much fun once our superior officer bit it... It was very gruesome... We were in a shaft climbing a ladder when my dad's engineer character dropped a lit plasma torch down the shaft. He was at the top and I was at the bottom... And it passed everyone to hit the Lieutenant who promptly caught fire, fell, was caught by the Ensign behind me, who promptly THREW him down the rest of the 2.5 decks to hit the bottom where we were going...

I don't like that guy's character, or the Zaldan character either... I mean, sure, Kirk was a trouble maker, but in the first hour of the game they got us kicked off the starbase and one of them had seen the inside of the Brig. And the Zaldan had picked up the, barely, alive Lt. and when I told him to PUT HIM DOWN, he dropped him. Ouch.

But the game was really good otherwise, I wasn't useless! I say it like that because I'm playing a soldier (MACO type) on a starship, so I have to wait until we get boarded, pretty much. But I was one of the four guys with a phaser, and we pretty much needed it. It was cool (oh, and the other three weren't available. The Lt. didn't have his - naturally - and the other two security officers were elsewhere).

I think Carl did a good job (you're welcome Carl) and can't wait for the next game. But if my character had been aware of the guy THROWING the flaming Lt. down the shaft... There would have been hell... I kept wanting to call them "Crewman" and not Ensign... I just think it fits better...

But I'm off to finish my duty report so that I can get stuff for it. Huzzah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home