Friday, September 23, 2005

Mountain Con I <--- It's HERE!

Instead of posting of why I'll not be posting, I'll post something else that will offhandedly explain it:

"Feel free to post this to any interested mailing lists.

This Saturday, September 24th, Mountain-Con I will be presented for the
fans of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Two years of dreaming, countless
hours of planning and working. Numerous donations and many nights propped
up by caffeine to get the final details completed are about to come to
fruition. (you can't tell that I'm very tired as I'm typing this can you
) Again I want to thank everyone who has stepped forward to help
out. Without volunteers we would not have the fandom community that we do
now.

We have past the needed number of room nights required by the Salt Lake
Airport Hilton. This was reached earlier this month (and well before the
deadline) however we were too busy to stop and celebrate. I would like to
thank everyone who purchased a room. And I would especially like to thank
those groups who are holding room parties at Mountain-Con.

All of the guests are excited about coming to Utah. This will be the first
visit to the Beehive State for the majority of them. We also have fans and
dealers who will be arriving from California, Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming,
Colorado and even Vermont and New Jersey. Lets make sure that everyone
feels welcome.

Registration can be purchased at the hotel on Friday Night from 6:00pm to
9:00pm. On Saturday morning, Registration will open at 9:00am. Events
will start at 10:00am and continue until after 11:00pm. The schedule has
been posted on the Mountain-Con website, http://www.MountainCon.org I know
that a lot of fans are looking forward to the Hogwarts Sorting
Ceremony. Which house will you be sorted into?

We will be running a special Hall Costume Contest with the participants
appearing on stage later in the day. Find your best costumes to show off
and polish them for other fans to see.

I would also like to thank the gamemasters. I know we were unable to get
our pre-registration up for the gaming events but there will be plenty of
events for everyone to participate in.

Media, Anime and Fan Films will be shown. Thank you to those who have donated.

Time for rest. Soon the convention will be upon us. Mountain-Con I awaits.


Carl Stark, Convention Chair
Mountain-Con 1, September 24, 2005
http://www.MountainCon.org"

I'll be there, the Kittens will be there, why aren't you planning on being there? You really should. $20 gets you unlimited access (and if you don't come to the whole day $7 gets you a concert!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home