Friday, September 16, 2005

One more thing, for you DragonLance fiends out there...

One more thing just occured to me as I was reading my e-mail:

Carl Stark
to utahfandom, announce
11:20 am (20 minutes ago)
Greetings Everyone

We are just a week away from Mountain-Con I and new developments are
unfolding all of the time.

We are proud to announce that local author Dan Willis will be a guest at
Mountain-Con. Dan has written several DragonLance books for Wizards of the
Coast including:

DragonLance: The New Adventures
Book #3 The Dragon Well
Book #7 Dragon Knight
Trinistry Trilogy #3 Wizard's Return (released May 2006)

----------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully I'm not overstepping my bounds by doing this, but it's a public mailing list anyways and we need the publicity.

So yeah, he's not Tracy Hickman and friends, or anything, but it might just be the opportunity for you fans out there to meet a mucky-muck and or get a book signed. It definately can't hurt. But like I've been saying all along, you'll be with friends. I'll be there as a part of the security detail and you've likely met a few of us before if you've ever been around me... At all... (Some of you are these people, so naturally you've met yourselves.)

Now for the shameless plug: MountainCon I at the airport hilton. Transportation IS NOT AN EXCUSE. Even having prior plans won't save you (unless it's something big, like you are in labor or something). It's a mere $20. I'll be there (should probably stop saying that, I want you to come). We'll have a rockin' band (punk actually). And plenty of games, panels and guests:

Scheduled Guests Include:

Vaughn Armstrong

Rena Owen

Bill Blair

Craig Richard Nelson

William Sargent

Dave Wolverton

Switchblade Kittens.

Go to www.mountaincon.org for more information. On the home page it has a picture of each of the guests and actually rotates through their characters if you don't recognize the names (for shame!).

It's only one day, unfortunately, but it's a jam-packed Saturday and you're all invited to the party! What's better then that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home