Sunday, January 22, 2006

Glory of the future?

Isn't it great when you get hit on by a robot...?

Like who makes this shit up, really?

Some person just nerds out in his basement thinking "I have you now!" when he sends out a robot programmed to hit on you...?

Welcome to the internets...

The sad thing is that it was a message to one of my profiles that would have hit me regardless...

What's wrong with our modern world...?

Why, how, where did these things become OK?

So much...

None of this makes sense, really. It never has. The more I grow, the more I learn, the more I see, the less the fabric of reality is tangible.

When you experience something, is the thing you experience first hand more real than the second hand? Or is it a happy median that "some" of the things you experience first hand don't count/can be ignored because they're extraneous.

If first hand experiences rule supreme, then the Media has no hold over my life and never will. If first hand experiences are supreme, then the world would be a better place, wouldn't it? No acting on impulses, no being fooled by fauly information, but then you wouldn't be able to act when you need to, right? Like intelligence of some enemy stronghold. You weren't there, you didn't see it, but you ordered an attack on it without knowing, first hand, any of the details...

An interesting thing.

I have never first handedly experienced any of the things we should bemoan today. But I feel that they need it if they are true.

But are they true? Where's the truth now-a-days? I have no idea. There's no way to sort your way out from the highway. No one does things empirically anymore. If I ask you for evidence, you can't provide it, and really, neither can I. So we debate with the gut instead of the mind, we manuever instead of pin. Where is the truth in that? We are both wrong regardless of whether or not the position we hold is truest. There is no more truth to be found in these ventures because all of the pieces have been lost. Lost track of, or never held.

What can be trusted now? What can be relied upon...?

4 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

HALLO.

I AM A ROBOT.

DO YOU HAVE STAIRS IN YOUR HOUSE?

STAND BY THE STAIRS SO THAT YOU CAN BE PROTECTED.

ALL HUMANS MUST GO DOWN THE STAIRS.

ARE YOU FREE ON SATURDAY NIGHT?

Lol... There, now you can't never say you didn't not get hit on by a robot.

1/23/2006 07:37:00 PM

 
Blogger vermilion said...

They have I'm a gay robot tee shirts now. It reminded me of that.

Sounds very Cptn Spockish to me.

I don't believe that humans are so simplistic that we can't percieve second hand information. Of course use discretion. Don't let some pinhead tell you the secret of life, or govern you.

If second hand experiences don't pertain to one, history is null. The teachings of the past aren't aplicable because more often then not the events have not been seen by anyone still alive. The only palpable factor is the present.

What's wrong is that people rely too much on their first hand experiences, which stalls cultural advancement. I this I that. If I is the only factor, dog eat dog, first hand the only reasoning it breeds narrow minds. I absolutely praise the indivual, but I believe that if people conciously try to understand every aspect of themselves and what makes them function we can better harmonize as a society.

We're turning into a society of sub-indivuals. Independence from others is highly sought after as is power money etc, but there is the herd factor that is becoming prevalent, sadly.

Thus we step out from polarized thinking into complex thinking.

You can have an intelligent man who exercises control over himself that has never dealt with his own emotions. He can supress himself all he wants, but control over it is not found in suppression. The pain will still lie within. If the emotion is lived talked to well there is progress, experience is right there. Excercise reason of course. If the internal circumstance is approached, validated there can be true progress. If someone tells him he shouldn't feel that way and dispenses out the reasons why, does that make it disappear? No! Why do we have so many repeat offenders? Why doesn't it work that we just tell them they are wrong? We can't just use the intelligence card. Look at criminal masterminds.

If that's the cause we are robotic. We only respond to information that directly affects us. Everything is a direct formula of cause and effect. hope is not logical just a chemical motivator. It is not real. Love is but an instinct. Happiness is only a response.

They are not validated, they do not recieve validation from themselves or anyone else so the logical action would be to obtain it by force.

Self control can be excercised while validating emotions. Like thoughts not all emotions are faulty. I guess my question is do you think of feelings just as chemical responses? I think of them as energies we are receptive to. Why do women develop such strong maternal bonds to their children? Do you think they really meet the basic needs of their children out of duty and robotically make a mental checklist that each mouth is fed? Or do you think that most experience a close bond between themselves and the child?

There are so many problems out there because people forget to validate themselves and ignore the facts, telling themselves it's not real, it's just a different circumstance. That's what suffocation is like.

We lose the ability to believe.

1/24/2006 01:24:00 PM

 
Blogger vermilion said...

I geniunly applaud the both of you for putting up with my topic jumping.

They meaning 'criminials' at the bottom there. I skip about.

______________________
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH! Isn't that a song? It's familiar. So so sosoososo familiar.

1/24/2006 08:29:00 PM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

No offense, but I'm freakin' impressed.

That's one of the best damn posts I've seen in a while, anywhere, actually.

I'm glad to have seen it. It was a very well put counter and a good motivator, though I believe it's just that much more proof for some of my claims against society, just a little.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post that.

1/24/2006 08:58:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home