Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Dark Deed is Done.

The ritual is complete.

20 minutes now. It's taken so long before, demanded all of my attention, and now I can do it almost negligently while taking a shower...

And it worked.

Not that I didn't think it would, it's just that... I thought of it in passing and wasn't sure that it would. But it did and I was the hero once again.

...

So I beat my game on Friday night. Ok, ok, Saturday morning. I was up until frickin' early doin' it, but I did it after all. Then later yesterday I decided to play the computer, because once you've beaten that time and again, you can take real people. That's how these things work. If you can't beat a repetitive AI, how can you beat a skilled, artistic human being?

Well I feel like an infant again and it bothers me. I played it a couple of times, yes a little cocky. And it beat me, I can accept that. I expected that. But then I started putting in more controls. "You're only allowed to do this, AND I'll pick the battle ground." Done deal, right? Not really... I picked a battleground where I strategically had an advantage, and was winning... Until I lost. Like holy cow. It did kind of bother me that there weren't any island maps for this game, to help fortify and learn, but I just hadn't found it yet.

So today was my first victory. I found my island, the perfect map to learn on. The problem is that I totally over powered and decimated it. Like, it wasn't even a challenge... The same thing happened with Starcraft. I would play the first map off the top of the stack and it would beat me something fierce, but when I found a map I could learn on, I could branch out finally. Hopefully that will be the case in this instance. I have a pride to uphold after all and nothing but flesh and bone gets the chance to stab at it, heh.

...

I think I'm done. And you guys that I've been pestering now for a month to get something done, yes - you know who you are, can we please get that done now? Like, I'd do it myself for crying out loud, but it either won't work, or won't work out as well...

Like, totally...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home