Thursday, February 16, 2006

Are we insane yet?

For the last time! YES!!

So I spent 6 hours and 20 minutes trying to get home last night. And when I say "I", I mean Carl and I.

We seriously left at 3:20 PM and didn't get home until 9:40 PM.

Thus I took the day off, sue me, I'll win.

It was a rather irritating end to a day that would have been good.

Beyond coincidence we decided to stop off for dinner at about 7 at this whole in the wall Chinese place. We walk in the door and there are a few of our friends (Loren, his wife and I know the other guy, but can't think of his name, lol...)

So we had 45 mins of good company whyile we recovered our sanity.

We knew we had to stop because the car was being silly, and our jokes were more and more serious...

So we decide at about 7:45-ish - 8PM that we're going to go home, right? Wrong.

Silly car decided it didn't like running anymore and we were now stuck in Centerville.

The battery died for no reason and we had to wait for Erica to come pick us up.

Apparently that was the button we had to push to get your parents to come pick you up.

So we got it charged and started after fighting with it for about 10 mins, then we started home.

We spun out on the icy road at about 15 MPH. Well, fish tailed, but a good one.

Then we made it home. And apparently Carl made it home unscathed as he called me a bit later...

I told you it was an adventure! But I definately don't like Bountiful as much as I used to :-p.

So on top of all that, my TL sent of his letter of Bragamendation to our supervisors yesterday. And I found out that I have no pulse.

Porter, you might have thought I was referring to something else, but I took my blood pressure about 9-ish in the morning yesterday, and I SERIOUSLY have no pulse. 4 or 5 other guys saw it. I had blood pressure (stage one hypertention - whoo...) but no pulse.

Ha!

Other then that, it was a rather okie day, but we definately should have turned around and gone to that hockey game.

Also, if I'm unavailable today, that's because I'm at the Mormon's Citadel in Provo, AKA BYU.

We're going to be broadcasting from there, so you should get a chance to listen if you want to/are able to.

And so as a finally, I got an electronic copy of the letter of Bragamendation, too cool to just be recomendation, just a little too much awesome:



To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Mike Morrill and I am a Team Lead (SSR1) for the Capital One account at the Managed Service Centre in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am writing this letter on behalf of a member of my team, . Justin is an SSR3 on the Capital One account that I believe has earned consideration for a change of status to SSR2.

Justin has volunteered and taken technical calls for the Capital One account since his arrival to the account on August 22, 2005. He has shown proficiency for taking these calls based on his CSAT scores which through December were standing at an average of 4.34.

Justin carries one of the lowest average handle times for a technical agent at 11.24 minutes per call which is in the top 8% of the 985 agents in the combined Managed Service Centres. His handle times are lower that most agents that are exclusive reset agents.

Justin possesses a 98.9% first call fix rate on his tickets. He regularly and tenaciously checks any referred or pending tickets in search or resolution from resolvers when it becomes necessary to escalate tickets beyond our capabilities here at the service desk.

Justin has achieved an overall “Met” or “Exceeded” on 17 of 21 calls that were coached during this time. His professional demeanor and determination to get the customer’s issue resolved plus his technical expertise carries him far on his calls.

On a daily basis, I can count on Justin to pick up calls well before his 2 minute break time has run down, especially when we do not have agents available to pick up calls.

Justin has shown his abilities as a technical agent many times. He is adept at troubleshooting browser, MS application issues and applications that are specific to Capital One. He has shown flexibility in dealing with applications that he, or we may not be familiar with. He is currently cross-training on the Marriott account in order to be a stronger team player and increase his versatility for Unisys.

Justin has shown time and again that he is a valuable member of the Capital One account, and to Unisys in his ability to bring quality, technical ability, and flexibility when we have needed it. My hope is that we can show him just reward for his efforts.

Thank You for Your Consideration,

Michael S Morrill

Team Lead-MSC SLC

Unisys

An explanation:

He's outlining my qualifications so that I could, potentially, be promoted.

It's the first letter of its kind to my knowledge and very noteworthy in my opinion.

Have fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

Thanks, bum.

Care to offer specifics?

2/17/2006 06:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home