Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Not exactly feeling the love, here.

Look at you, you precious thing.

How cute, how quaint indeed.

Shrouded always in darkness, bathed in light.

But the light isn't your own, child, and it never will be.

You are doomed to eternally be a greater glory's mirror.

You bask in the light of the only true light, but a greater darkness will swallow you.

You dance with it always, much time is spent in the light, even if just a partial glimpse is had, but for eons at a time, you will be doused in inescapable darkness.

An endless cycle.

Light.

Dark.

Dark.

Light.

It has always been thus and thus will always be.

And there it is, the great light of the universe, always there when you are ready to come out.

Yes, come out, he's never there to save you, so much as greet you when you come back to him.

You're the only one that has any power there.

Such a beautiful thing to watch you.

Plunged into darkness, baptised in the light.

It's the cycle that draws me to you.

It's the realization of your beauty.

It's the inescapable truth of your absolute being.

Such a quaint little thing indeed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writing on the fly, blah. I've been keeping that one inside in one form or another for a long time now.

Interesting how it played out. Plays out.

I'm not feeling the love here. Amongs other things, I can't get Arcanum to love me.

The stupid thing installs, but it won't launch.

Now I know it has to be something I'm doing, or not doing, something wrong with the PC, at least in the sense that Arcanum's a picky bastard that won't play well with others.

Anyways, thanks for trying, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get it to work. Not sure a game as old as I am is really worth it, heh.

No, it's not quite that old. Only about half as old as I am then.

But thank you anyways, and thank you for your assistance.

I'm certainly glad to have been given the chance to try it.

So many things to try.

Bah, look at me go on like I know what I'm talking about.

1 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

Arcanum.

It's an RPG that Sierra (guys who helped with HL2) did way back in the day that let you decide if you were going to be a Tech, or a Mage. Kinda a neat little idea I thought, but that's when I was a "hey look that's cool" gamer with no money, lol.

Now I have it, and it won't work :-(

3/23/2006 09:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home