Saturday, June 10, 2006

Intangibility.

So what is it for you?

What, in this world, would drop you like a rock? What would make you fall forever? What would take your soul and never give it back?

An odd thing to be sure.

People would give up everything they own, their faith, their security, to be loved at times.

You would turn against everything you were taught and brought up on.

So what about it then? Though I think I have an answer.

If you were told, by your faith, by your prophet, that someone you intended to love forever, was off limits?

What then?

You are to marry this person, or at least want to.

How important are each of your values?

Do you value a potentially foolish and fleeting love of a mortal over the salvation of your eternal soul?

Why would you do that?

I believe I know which one I would pick, but that's the emotional response.

To truly sort it out and take the answer that makes the most sense, that adds up, would not be the normal reaction. Would not be your answer.

How much "shut up and do what I told you" are you willing to take? How much will you let something trample on your soul before you break?

Can something be from God and be against your very soul?

Assuming that love is a soul-binding experience, is there a such thing as a false love? And how do you tell, when the actions of your leadership ask you to give up on your own feelings and to trust their's?

What would you choose if they told you not to love who you wanted?

Are you willing to stand by that through persecution and damnation?

I hope it is worth it then.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before either of you get wise and decide to retort, this was not inspired by you. So just breath, step back and take a nice long drink of STFU before you act or comment.

That's better.

I was on the verge of intervening with a friend tonight, to the point of crossing a line that I hope to never cross, and fail to respect as often as it needs.

But she's a trooper, she can take care of herself.

Though I don't agree with her decision, I have to respect the path of which she tread and the means by which she decided it.

She asked for a sign and believes that she got it. Who is anyone in the world to question that?

Certainly not me.

While I continue to disagree with the decision she makes in that regard. I do respect the WHY of why she made it.

Odd that the intangibilities in life are the most covetted and most real things in life so often...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Along these lines I'm posting someone else's repost from their blog.

I'm posting it in entirety to get the accuracy of the source material down.

Infer what you want from it. You will do that anyways:

Homophobia and You:

I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.

I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.

I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.

We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.

I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.

I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken awayfrom the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.

I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.

I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.

We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.

I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.

I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.

I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.

I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.

I am the woman who died when the EMTs stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.

I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didnt have to always deal with society hating me.

I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.

I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.

I am the person who is afraid of telling his loving Christian parents he loves another male.

Repost this if you believe homophobia is wrong




Now this one I am stepping in on.

Before you run out and make any inferences on anything, let me state that I don't necessarily support the above commented life styles.

That being said, there are two things that I am commenting on:

-The need for you to think and decide for yourself, what is right for yourself.
-A subpoint on this is that I would be very cautious indeed before I ever penned anything like this myself. This is a re-post and as such is prone to the writer's own bias for or against a particular viewpoint.


Second point:

Freedom of choice.

While I don't condone such acts, and will be very plain with that when asked about it. I am not going to stone you or beat you or so forth based off of what you do in those situations.

You shouldn't need fear anything from me.

It makes me uncomfortable, yes, but for more complex reasons then you would like to be smug in stating. Before you pretend to play the martyr and judge me, perhaps you best do your research. Afterall, isn't that all that you want from us?

I believe I have done that.

I believe that I have given plenty of thought and analysis to the subject, enough to make my own decision.

I will stand by that, and I will not hesitate to tell you that I don't agree with you and why if you should ask and if you should bring up a dissenting viewpoint.

I challenge you to be brave enough for the same.

When we discuss ideas, we only lose when we leave with angry hearts.

When we discuss ideas and come to an understanding, everyone wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home