Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The concerned citizen.

Yeah, so, I just sent an e-mail to Layton City's Mayor and then submitted a comment via the city website.

Vermillion has a concern about one of the intersections here and I felt it needed to be voiced. So I'm trying to figure out when/where/what the city meetings are so we can participate in starting, or being involved in, setting up a solution.

I feel hopeful for it, so we shall see.

Also, Vermillion, I don't want you to see this as anything but the first step.

Many things might not work, but they are not useless, they will light our way to the final path and our final decision.

If we must change the world, if we must run a race, then we must move forward as often as possible.

We will fall, we will stumble, we will be shot down, but only we can defeat us.

All things you know, as all of us know it, but it doesn't matter what you know, it matter's what you do.

You may have been frustrated, but tonight you accomplished a great many things though you may not realize it. Some of those things I let you know about, and some of them I don't specifically know myself.

As is the motto of the Seventh Fleet, remember this also: "We do not stand alone."

"Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays" my support for you in your endeavors.

I may have bastardized a quote from another government agency, but I will support you in this, I will support your cause. Keep what we spoke tonight and when your opportunity comes, when it rings your doorbell, answer and seize it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home