Monday, July 26, 2010

You and I are about to have a relationship.

Back in the day I did a lot of thinking about relationships. There was a long time where it was less important than what marriage meant to me, and now we're back to not really understanding relationships. At least it's different now, meaning the rules have changed and not just that I've regressed. Things are different in new ways.

That's too much of a side track though.

I used to simply graph relationships in a few main ways:

20% of people like you, 20% of people dislike you and 60% of people don't care either way. Naturally the numbers are different on a world scale, but this is meant for the people in your local area. I work with 500 people at our site. I'm probably not a normal indicator, but I'd like to say that I know about half of them at least and some of them like me, some of them dislike me and many of them try as I might hardly even know me.

Then there was the more advanced break down. 5% love you, 15% like you (friends), 60% don't really know you (indifferent), 15% dislike you, and 5% hate you.

Easy enough, eh?

It's the prospect that the world is balanced (which it isn't always, though a system usually is more balanced than an interval in time) and that generally you have a couple of people that can't stand you no matter what and a couple of people who love you unconditionally. I can't think of anyone who hates me at the moment, but that doesn't mean that they're not out there.

Now we get into the new complex that is playing by largely different and irritating rules. These days there's the group that likes you that you like back, the group that you like that doesn't like you and the group that likes you that you don't want anything to do with.

It's a really hard place to be the chaser and not the chased, but it's rough being the chased and having no interest as well.

Not that I'm entirely speaking from any experience, but I have done a lot of pointless chasing recently which is I guess why it's on my mind. It's funny because I think people are afraid of me somehow. Really? I'm fun, or annoying, that's the flavors you get. I'm not a stalker, not a creep, and if I'm annoying it's A) you don't think I'm funny, or B) I've taken it to far (would I do that?).

So I don't understand why we can't just have fun. I don't want in your pants, that's up to you and a much later conversation to be had (somewhat presumptuous on your part, not that you're wrong with most men most of the time).

It's something that's been an odd state to be in, it's been a while and having to run while being chased isn't something I like. Things are entirely too complicated at time. Speaking of presumptuous so is most of this post. I think it dies here, I think I've gotten the bugs out of my brain now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mys said...

You know, I've never actually thought that there were people who couldn't stand me. Even the ones I can't stand don't seem to feel the same about me. Though, with your theory of balance, it may just be different. 8% really love me, 70% like me, 20% don't really know me, 2% can't stand me? Seems about right, but he's the balance: I have a hard time really loving me. I have a hard time really loving others. I think it's the price you pay when you don't want to be disliked by anyone.

8/27/2010 07:54:00 AM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

You have a tough time loving others because you don't want to be disliked by anyone? I'm a tough person. I have standards and demand a lot, but I don't always demand it from those around me. I'm a fair guy. I'm a funny guy (I would assume anyways). I don't know that a lot of people hate me, but I'm always curious what people say when I'm not around.

8/27/2010 04:48:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home