Saturday, March 05, 2005

An interesting thing.

Well I'm back for what counts as my weekend get away. Except that they came up to see me and then we went out to Trenton to visit Marla and Ross (the folks I lived with for a month).

It's an interesting thing how soothing seeing friendly faces is. I'm sure I've made the comment before how it's nice to not have to second guess every reaction and just trust the legitimacy of what you're hearing... It's exactly what a lone warrior on the go needs. Not more oil, or a better sword, a place where he doesn't need to worry about having his sword. A place where there is no danger, where his wearied bones may simply relax. That's my ultimate end.

And it helped that it was for my birth anniversary, but to tell the truth it was just like an overblown coming home. I don't get gifts when I come home, but it was that emotionaly filling. Very nice.

"So I'm back, from outer space..."

And we went to some places around here, and found out that Logan's not nearly as sucky as I thought. Lol. But we did find practical physics and engineering rolled into the best product that I have seen in a long while. A simple flashlight. YET IT HAS NO BATTERIES. For the low price of $19.99 you can own a battery that primarily consists of a coil of wires, a strong magnet, a capaciter, switch and an LED (light emitting diode). It is water proof, floats, and is cyllindrically ballanced so that it won't tip over when at rest on either extremety. I'm going to buy several and probably give one to Mr. Lyndsey (last years physics teacher if you don't know who that is). So freakin' awesome. It needs to be in every "End of the World" kit and camping set. Ingenious. The only thing that I didn't like was the inefficiency of the light (it is clear and doesn't have the reflective piece that others have, thus as much light escapes out the sides as is emitted out the front - more or less since it's frosted), but you don't need batteries, and that was the only thing. It's still freaking bright. That was cool.

But needless to say this was the best weekend in a long time, and not just because I got stuff. I won't have the flashlight until monday sometime, then it will be absolutely the best weekend for a long, long time to come.

And I got to show off a little that I learned from physics, always a nerdy plus.

I think that's about it. The internet is working again. It broke for some reason yesterday... But it's better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home