Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Tip #2: ...

I couldn't really think of a tip, but I got another one. Not much again, but at this rate maybe I should just put out a jar... Lol. I think that would be funny.

Last night was pretty good again, but I'm beginning to show physical signs of wear. I'm glad that I'll have the chance to go home this weekend, presumably anyways. I think I might be developing something in my calves, (other than them just being sore), and no matter how long I sleep, I seem to wake up tired mostly... And I don't think that I've woken up with anything less than a minor ache since I moved into town. But I should get used to it. I'm just horribly out of shape.

I managed to meet Juan's girlfriend last night, though I can only tell you that her name starts with the letter "N". Not only am I horrible with names, I could hardly pronounce it in the first place. But she has a similar personality to Juan's. Very open, etc. We talked for about half an hour or so until Juan basically kept falling asleep because of the late hour, and she absolutely insists that I call them if I need a ride from work from now on. On threat of physical harm, actually. I told them that I had a nice 45 minute walk home from work in the cold and she nearly exploded with disbelief (you should have seen it, if she had actually exploded I might be a roommate less and have to clean up that mess), but I assured her that it wasn't so big as she made it seem. It did come up again as she was leaving "Well if Justin can do 45 minutes, I can handle 5." She gets cold going out to her car from the apartment, apparently, so it was a little funny. But it's nice to talk to someone who isn't a statue. I think that my #1 complaint about the people of this area (and work especially) is that they have NO sense of humor. If you tease, they hate you; you wise-crack; make a standard joke; make fun and laugh at yourself... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It's quite a pain because I mostly just find something to do, and a lot of the time I spend more time conversing with customers because at least THEY have a sense of humor... One thing that I miss about the Layton store, they new how to laugh...

Anyways, I'm off today for who knows why, and I'm not really complaining... But I work a long shift tomorrow, a day shift again. So we'll see how that goes...

I'm going to have to write something soon, my brain itches for it. I keep shifting between trying to see if I've lost my spontaneous poet ability and writing some sort of monologue... You'll see it if I do...

2 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

Maybe it only seems that they don't have a sense of humor, it could be that they don't really know you yet. Give the Loganers time to get to know you. I'll bet things will change. Sometimes it's hard for me to know if people are joking or not when I first meet them.

Or maybe they're afraid that you'll steal their souls or sell their first born. Either way...

2/17/2005 10:18:00 AM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

Leave it to you to make fun of something serious...

I'm kidding.

I know how it can be getting to know people, I do it practically everyday at work. It makes me a bit quicker to acurately guage people's demeanor, etc...

But I don't know, they all have about the same attitudes. Like if I half jokingly make a side comment about them, they get up into my face about talking behind their back, like it's different when I immediately follow it with saying it to their face. It's never anything important and they just end up looking stupid for making a scene over it... I'm convinced it's something in the water... Or maybe it's because they drink Mtn. Dew (if they do...), because everyone in Drive Thru asks for it, just about, and it's annoying...

But the customers love me and give me money. So I refuse to change. It's they who will change, not me.

2/17/2005 06:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home