Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Silent Night, Crystal Night.

Yeah, long walk home in the snow, but it was kind enough to halt for my long journy homeward.

The night was better, but I'm wondering if there was a full moon... Everyone was having some sort of a bad day today, a bit of irony on St. Valentine's Day. And no, I didn't just spring chipper when I got to work. It's when I got off of my break that things started to be better for no reason. And then an hour or so after that I got my first tip. Yup, I had to boast about it because it's my first one ever. $1.25. Nothing to write home about really, I'll send you to the dollar store, but I'm writting home about it anyways. It was kind of shocking really, this couple had been sitting there and I just acted like I always do at work, and when I went to clear their tray away it was just sitting there... It got me thinking about having some sort of mandatory tip for the huge families that just have their four year olds to frescoes of various sauces and salt... We had plenty of those tonight, but it was still cool to get.

Now I just need to tackle a few other problems...

But the walk home was nice, too. It was crystal clear all the way to the mountains, hence the title. And the snow wasn't aweful, I could have survived better not walking, maybe. My knees are killing me, but that's cool, it's just because I've been on my feet for about the last 7 hours or so... But anyways, I need to hit the sack, 6AM is going to come quickly and it's gunna be another long day ahead. Hopefully an all around better one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home