Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Something interesting to do about the new Pope.

Right.

So I must say that I don't really stay on top of the run of the mill prophecies and end of the world talk, but I did find one a while ago that I thought would be neat to test. Usually I just harrass people with the knowledge that I "know" when the world will end because the internets told me so... But this one I found a bit peculiar because it applied to the near future, with the typical "it's been accurate throughout history" crap.

But this one is still holding true, so good guess, or better?

Here's the part that interested me, because this prophecy of course resurfaced with the dying of the last pope:

"The 111th prophecy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The meaning of the olive is unclear. The Order of Saint Benedict – not St. Malachy – has claimed that this pope will come from its ranks and Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its final fight against evil."

That's a bit to do on the interpretation of the second to last prophecy. Like all good ones, it's vaigue. But I read this about a month ago, and to find it talking about someone from the order of St. Benedict who is going to be the next pope. And now to have our new Pope be named Benedict? A nice convenient coincedence, if anything. But it shall be interesting.

I know that the guy isn't elected based off of his age, but he's already 78. So it seems that this prophecy will unfold well within my lifetime. The next Pope is supposedly Peter the Roman, and his coming will signal the beginning of the end. He's also the last Pope, as the seven hilled city (Rome) will be destroyed and then the great judge will judge. According to the thing. I don't know why these are so interesting to me, but that will be quite the thing... I had actually sort of hoped that I'd miss the end of days and that it'd happen on someone else's watch. But if he's coming like a robber in the night, I'm not sure how much credibility I can give even the most accurate prophet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home