Saturday, March 26, 2005

"Stay on target. Stay on target."

Nothing feels better than a perfectly aimed shot.

To carry a spur of the moment plan through delivery and get exactly what the doctor ordered. This isn't simply that he came at me with a vengence and returned fire at my unmistakably good shot. It's that everyone knows about it now, and he was the first to tell them. I don't need to brag, only to explain, and that's the best thing. When you and your wingmen see that missle fly true and score a hit, all they want to know for the post-briefing is who fired what and why. Such beauty.

So as you might imagine, it went off without all of the hitches that I feared. He got my note and understood it perfectly. He even took it through to the bonus level, used it as fuel to the fire, and griped about it to those not involved today. I didn't really mean to include them, but because he complained to them about it, everyone in the store knows about it. At least everyone that I wanted to.

So I went in wearing my "No Fear" Redshirt with the active excuse that I was going to show my friend, the Trekkie Shift Leader it, because he wanted to see it. But we all know what my real motives were. So I got there and had to explain to one of the cashiers and to the assistant manager what was going on, and they loved it. And I loved that.

It was funny too, the assistant manager said that "You two boys should just go outside and box." And all I could say was "Yeah, I thought of that, the only thing is that we're not boys anymore."

I can't tell you of the overwhelming joy in that. I'm sorry, it needed to be done. I regret the necessity of my actions, but I didn't cause it. In fact I've tried to spare him an out and out fight like this or any other. I won't accept defeat, and he doesn't know any better.

So like I said, I normally don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. So I didn't. I went to war and crushed the opposition in a single deft strike. But I'm not anticipating the end of it, really. I know there will be more, but I have all of the ammunition that I need now, and support.

It'll allow me to enjoy my weekend, more or less, and come back on Monday ready to go. Tomorrow's our DND game, that's a plus. Yet I have something I'd like to do and not sure how to fit it into the timeline... Frustrating thing... Maybe I should just listen to someone else this time... Maybe...

1 Comments:

Blogger vermilion said...

lol, glad to hear you like that quote :)

3/29/2005 10:06:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home