Monday, March 21, 2005

Dichotomy.

Get ready to hear that word at infrequent times, look it up if you don't know it. It's the root of happiness in my life at times. This is one of those times.

It's a beautiful day outside. It's amazingly hard to describe at the same time... On one side of the road it is cold enough to see my breath, and on the other it is degrees warmer and nothing is seen. On campus there is hardly any snow, it drizzles a bit and it looks like spring is saving us from our winter. Yet the sun shines brightly above us through the dark clouds and a short fifteen minute drive would put you back in the snow. It's amazing and beautiful. It's like chocalate brownies in your vanilla ice-cream. I don't know why Dichotomies are so beautiful to me, but it's amazing. Maybe that's why I'm a shadow. The neat balance of light and dark. Both are appreciated and needed to complete the whole. On the grand scale, though, it's much the same with my thoughts on life. A balance of the new and the old ideas, again a dichotomy to create a new and better system. An eternal balance that is the universe, not creating gray as an over simplification, but accepting the white as white and the black as black. Together creating something different...

Beautiful...

If you can't tell, today's being a good day so far. I woke up and was at peace. Which is all the more astounding since I had a troubled sleep last night. Songs have long been my cure-all, and I woke up with my mental radio scanning all of its channels MP3s and wave files. Then the day is beautiful... Ah... Amazing. And I don't have to work, this just keeps getting better and better.

I know, I don't want to work myself into a slump and disappointment later, but I'm eating it up. It's a great contrast to working all last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home