Friday, June 10, 2005

Soon you shall know the joys of the laughter game.

Sorry. A friend sent that to me in an IM. I know that I'm wierd, and so do you. But I totally can see Darth Vader saying that. ROFLMAO! I don't know why. I suppose it's because I'm just not normal.

So I suppose I successfully dodge posting about my interview. Not really consciously mind you. I don't know what happened today, but it disappeared and hasn't come back. I REALLY, as in really REALLY, have to get out and do something tomorrow. REALLY!

So my interview. Went exactly more or less as I'd imagined. I didn't like it. I naturally had a tough time during the interview. At least natural for a normal person. I don't know why, but I felt like my head was going to explode. I simply was way too tense. I knew how I was going to answer most of the generic questions, and I knew I could handle the others... But I think it was the fact that the guy wasn't exactly the most human thing in the building. He merely read off of his little sheet that I could have just as adequately filled in myself. And then of course, they have their procedures backwards.

After the interview they gave me a sort of test to see if I already have skills in customer service, etc. Which I'm not exactly sure how I did. With real people I'd do fine, but I'm rating OTHER people's responses. It was hard to take seriously, especially with the prior attempt at brainwashing... Anyways. They did this portion AFTER the interview, when the program quite clearly stated that following this portion I was to have an interview...

But I shall find out about it soon, if I have to pester them about it. The problem is that I think it would be perfect for the pay, the benefits, etc. But the idiots figure that as long as you get paid, you aren't a slave. Like, I'm not asking for a huge ammount here, but I'd like to manage that one of my two days off in a given week falls on a Saturday. I know that if they had that option that it would be frequently asked for, but I do the most on my Saturdays. Mtn. Con is on a Saturday. And he simply had no caring for the fact that I might should actually NEED a day off. I get two extra days off every 90 days, whoopedy freakin' do.

So needless to say that I've decided to try and find another job. Already. I think I would have to take it if they actually said that they would hire me. But I don't anticipate staying there all that long if I can manage. And this is of course predictable when a company doesn't need any skill, they simply need bodies. Or at least the skill isn't a rare one. That's my problem. I don't have any written proof, acceptable proof, of my skills and how they might benefit someone. I know I can do just about any job, but how do I convince THEM of it?

So I still don't know what's going to happen. I'd additionally have to give up DND, it's not a good excuse, but I haven't missed a game (to my knowledge) in the 5 years that we've played. And we just started a new campaign...

But I really don't like having no power over the days I have off. Like, what happens if I'm sick? Sheesh...

Anyways. Tomorrow I am going to try, like seriously try, not to turn on my computer. But that's probably going to fail as it's the easiest way to get to the outside world and it's information. And since the last two times I was cut off from the world there was a massive disaster... So maybe I better at least turn on the news once tomorrow...

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home