Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Great and mighty "Grr!"

For the love of all that is good and holy!

I have had it! I am no longer a proliferator of that vile Firefox. I would love to say that it is merely technical difficulties, but after half a dozen times of trial, error and reinstalling... I will attempt to fudge with it no more.

So I have lost ALL OF MY BOOKMARKS. That's not such a bad thing, except that I had about a hundred articles meant for reading and passing around. I lost the few blogs that I had bookmarked, I lost the... Gosh... Freakin' grrr... I lost all of those articles. I litterally had about fifty articles on the War on Terror and various religious treatises and even some crack pot things. I had no choice because Firefox wouldn't EVEN OPEN anymore. I would tell it to start, wait fifteen minutes and still nothing.

These pitiful words don't even begin to highlight my intense frustration. I might as well run outside and burn my library. It would be equivilent for me...

So from now on I'll be bookmarking everything twice and maybe even saving it... If it's an article of importance anyways...

And I have a new experimental web browser. I'm sorry, but I hate Internet Explorer. It's too barbaric. It's like rubbing stones together... Having all of those popups and open windows instead of tabs... So I have something called Opera now. Which still isn't a match for Firefox, but I don't know how to salvage something if a purge and reinstall won't deal with it... But Opera has similar functions. Disturbingly similar: Tabbed browsing, no popups (thus far, after a while FF began having popups much to my dismay), built in Google search, that sort of thing. But now I'll have to navigate in sublight again... No instantly searching Dictionary.com, Amazon.com, IMDB, and so on...

It's so inhumanly sad...

And as far as I know I'm the only one to have such problems... I had something similar happen to my laptop. I just blamed my laptop for the issues. But why has it forsaken my desktop? It's like Google all of the sudden charging money and putting password locks on their search. Fear that day, when capitalism stoops to even that pit of hell...

So I'll be running Opera through its paces in the next several days. Much to my despisement and loathing.

Alright, enough of the theatrics and whining...

We watched History Channel's new show for the first time this night. Very intense. It follows soldiers in Iraq about. More or less. The incidents have already happened, like tonight's was the raid on Fallujah, but you are there, inserted with the Marines as they are there. You experience those battles pretty much as they did. Without the fear of death, etc. It's called Shootout, and I think it's something that we need. I think it will help us understand a bit of what this war is. To sympathize with our troops there.

Other than that, more progress, (ok, actual progress) on cleaning out my old room. That's a relief. Hopefully it won't be a one hit wonder.

And then I did my first Merit Sheet in a LONG time. "Know Your Episodes". It was rather easy. The other two that I have aren't so easy, but I'm still looking for the ones that I need to do. These ones just looked interesting and all.

And Forgottenpain. If it is taboo or not, I sent you an e-mail. And either that e-mail no longer functions, or you have ignored me. I hope it's not the latter (especially if you're going to be a goober and comment here). It's nothing, just a couple of questions. But I hate having unanswered questions.

Well I'm off to see if Opera is worth the time it took to download (less than a minute, heh).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home