Monday, August 29, 2005

Getting my groove back.

So I guess this job is actually helping me get back into the long term planning (something I've found is essential to my life) and steering me away from the day to day drawl of hell that I've been experiencing for the last 10 (nearly 11, so nearly that it might as well BE 11) months.

I got a benefits thing in the mail today that is walking me through setting up my retirement fund.

Pause for effect.

Yep, retirement fund. At 19 I'm worrying about that. Something, that God providing, I won't even need to really think about in any serious and worrisome manner for another 46 YEARS! Do you know how long that is? I think I know ONE person (other than a grand parent) that is older than that, currently. ONE friend. My grandparents all exceed that, but there's no way to know what will happen to me in ONE year, let alone 46 YEARS. It boggles my mind, talk about long planning, I've planned out a decade or so for school, I've planned out a rough guess of what my next 19 years will experience, but no way in hell do I want to think about what I will be like in 46 YEARS. I'll be all wrinkly and grey, all chalk bones and worried about the next generations loud music. I'll be planning my GRANDCHILDREN'S college fund (God willing again).

In-freakin'-sane.

So have fun going to school and working yourself through college. I'm far from giving up my dreams, but I can sure as hell afford a short jaunt down this path for the next 5 years if it comes to suit me. I'm just focused on getting through it week to week for right now.

But speaking about the future: It's link time. I found some links that I felt were worth sharing, hence I'm torturing you with them.

What the Fuck? (I know that might offend you, but read the article, and have you ever written out the "F" word? It looks so wierd without the stupid little * in it...)

The helicopter parents from Hell! No! It's not another horror story (at least not fiction), it's real life! And they're probably YOUR parents! I thought the biggest point of interest was that in a world where we should get MORE involved with our children (on some things) we are TOO involved in others.

LED lights as the lightwaves of the future. Read that article and all of you that have taken health and at least ONE psych class tell me at least ONE thing wrong with the articel.

*waits*

*and waits*

Read it? We are documented as having a 25 hour clock! Not a 24 hour one. That's a great what to do about why our clocks are always screwed, though I completely see unnatural lighting as a huge bane to healthy living as well. You just need to go somewhere with NO artificial lighting for a whole year and then lock yourself in a vault with ONLY artificial lighting... You'll FEEL the difference.

Other then that, I think I'm done for now. I've been thinking of my laptop all day, which sorta scares me, but I just guess I'll have to knuckle down and get it.

Because together we shall rule the GALAXY! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!1

1 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

9 years? Ending with what? Go to BYU for a semester if not married yet? I mean really... You should share.

8/30/2005 05:11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home