Sunday, May 21, 2006

Hurt.

I found this by happenstance.

Someone I don't remember had me read it from someone I don't know.

From there it just got touchy feely.

It's a decent poem, it speaks to me, and on the person's profile page there's a beautiful music video to a good, albeit depressing song.



Hurt
by 'Lotus Mary'



Why do you do this?
Is there something funny in the way I act?
The way I treat you?
The way I want to be treated?
To have you for a moment
Then to see fade away in the darkness
What I want?
Is to have an honest answer
From you
And just you
Don't play around like that
I may not back down
But I'm not unbreakable
And you have come so incredibly close
To shattering me
That I am scared
And I want to run
You confuse me
Till I cannot think clearly
Hurt is what I feel
Leave me be
Or help me
To understand
What it is that you want
From me
If I had my way
You'd be gone
And I wouldn't feel this way
You haven't broken me
But you've left me scarred and cracked
Like an old porcelin jar
Don't ever play with me like this
Ever again



And for the music video to Hurt for those that are interested. It's the Johnny Cash version, and the better of the two in my opinion.

2 Comments:

Blogger Messed Up said...

Johnny Cash version is the best hands down.

5/21/2006 04:23:00 PM

 
Blogger A_Shadow said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but the timing there was creepy.

But yes, though I can admit never being a huge fan of NIN, he would always beat the pants off of them, regardless.

5/21/2006 04:25:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home