Monday, December 25, 2006

No Doubt.

Tonight I spent a simple hour with the most beautiful creature on the Earth.

I know that boasts much, but we guys understand how blind to the rest of the world we become.

I don't want to embarass her (or myself for that matter), but the Elf, the Fairie, or Nymph, take your pick...

At that point there wasn't a doubt in the world.

Not for me.

In that hour, it was Christmas all at once. It brought back the holiday cheer that I've been noticeably missing.

She may not have understood, and may still not (at least until reading this), but it has been many, many years since I have felt the world stop like that.

So simple, such a modest time of an hour, but I would not trade it for a thousand hours in another lifetime.

It was a good evening.

I have tasted that feeling. I know it exists, and once I regain control of my faculties it shall once again reign supreme.

I'm glad I have a computer that boots quickly, I know how silly it sounds, but some things I have to share before they are lost to me forever. I had to get this off my mind before it vanished into tomorrows hubbub. Sometimes I'm more like a goldfish than the level 35 Technomancer that I play myself off to be.

If God sees fit to make it snow a healthy storm in the next 24 hours, he will be my hero again. It will have made this a very good year indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home