Wednesday, January 26, 2005

And now a word...

I guess it's time to post, after all, I said that I would. Though it is a bit later than I had intended... No matter...

What a wonderful two days. Perhaps largely due to yesterday, but there was still plenty to be happy for today. I've managed to overlook even those small things that set themselves against me, like having only five hours of sleep last night. It usually doesn't sound like much to claim how much you've slept. But I find there's a bit more impact when I tell someone that I've been away from my "home" for nearly twenty hours. Little of it wasted with idleness or boredom. That should get the attention...

Anyways, I worked my first day in at least three weeks yesterday. It wasn't the most pleasant hours, but I can't really complain because that means that in two weeks time, I'll have an inflow of money again. That will be nice. Not to say that I haven't had an inflow, but I'd like to say that having it be your own money feels a lot better. But they decided it pert to make me work starting at the near-ending of my lab class. I can't miss that class for anything, death won't hold me from it, I fear. And yet they decided to start me to working then, officially, anyways. Not a good way to start your first day, a half and hour late and unable to count. Yeah... I counted my till twice and still had it wrong. But alas, with all of the rush I had also left my graphing calculator in my lab... And as bad as that seems, it wasn't really.

I "hit it off famously" with the shift leader on duty last night. He's a great guy and he happens to hold the same opinions as I do about the District Manager. Always a plus. And I can't quite shake the wholesome feeling that I get when I'm at work. I think that my ability to brainwash myself is astounding. I know that you should love your job and all, but I'm rediculously obsessed sometimes... But it felt good, even though I got home at Midnight sore and stiff. I don't know why... But then this morning, after my first class, I managed to retrieve my precious calculator. I'm mostly worried about it because it'd be expensive to replace, and because it was my present to myself almost three birthdays ago. My mom would have scolded me or something, seeing as that she didn't want me to do it in the first place...

Anyways, I'm dreadfully tired, if you can't tell that I'm a little more wandersome today than usual. Almost done with the Belgariad, about twenty pages left. I love the books for reasons beyond me, but I do have a bit of problem with the way that they address free will... It's an interesting thing for sure, I guess.

Got to show off in Math, always a plus, but now there are people that know me without me knowing them... I always feel obligated to change that. But it was funny, out of all that I did, I added something incorrectly, but other than that I was flawless. I know, I'm humble. But it felt good to get into something like that.

Allright, I think I'm done rambling. Enjoy your evening of further silence.

2 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

Unfortunately for you it's also necessary for Chemistry. But I love numbers, it's an odd sort of thing...

1/28/2005 09:23:00 AM

 
Blogger vermilion said...

Math..? Math and I aren't on the best of terms... We can't stand each other.

2/03/2005 12:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home