Friday, April 29, 2005

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definately isn't for you."

So I'm incredibly bored, and worried. Not a very good combination.

I've just about given up on going to Georgia. I might actually have means of getting a vehicle, the only thing that's really holding me back. But I need transportation to finalize that, and a driver's license which also requires a vehicle... So I'm back into the impossibilities that I can't deal with or beat. Impossible things I have been before. Improbable things I have slaughtered, but this breed has no mercy: it's the catch 22. You can't get a job without experience, can't get experience without a job. Now replace job with credit and experience with a credit card (or just about anything that will give you credit). And then you can see what's frustrating. I face down my first final tomorrow. Am I the only kid in the universe that hates college because it's EASY? This doesn't even stem from an arrogance about my awesome limitless intellect... I find that hard to find... It stems from the huge backstep in challenge. I am so bored. People called me nuts for taking so much last year, and it was a breeze (people being teachers). And this year two of my three finals are going to be multiple choice, only. One has about 100 questions, the other maybe 25. And then I have stats which was the "Statistics for idiots for retards who don't have very much math knowledge." No offense to those in that class that are challenged by it, I mean it, but I jumped off a cliff this year with my education, and am not happy about spending that much money on uselessness. Yeah, I get about 13 credits, but if I had CLEPed out like I could have, I'd have doubled my credits (likely, I think you get 8-25 credits when you pass) and be well on my way to graduating even sooner than I think now. So I'm thinking I'm going to try and CLEP out of most of the math classes so that I can just move on to something mathematicians do, or just get out into the Physics of things and graduate early.

I'm sorry, I'm horrible. The only kid in the nation that actually wants a challenge, that actually wants his education to be worth the money he spent for it. I spent about $300 on those 40+ credits that I have now. If that. And here I am spending $2,000 on things that I could have done a long time ago. C'mon, in Stats we're using tables to find our answers. Sound like 5th grades multiplication to anyone else?

I'm not in all that of a great mood right now. I hate telling people something's happening and then it not; i.e. going to Georgia. If I end up going, you'll hear about it when I'm THERE. Sheesh. People think I'm a freakin' yo-yo when it comes to things like this. I always try and give the heads up when I think I'm moving, but because I gave you warning, it changes things when it's a false alarm. So if you hear from me in a few months and find out I'm in another country (let alone another state) you'll find out that I moved.

I guess it's not worth trying to work both ends of the situation. It rarely works out, and even less pays off... I'm going to have to see if I can salvage my job. I applied at Convergys, heaven knows if they're going to do anything with that...

I need to go shooting or something like that. I need something to help me focus, to get my mind zoned in and off of everything that's stupid... Put simply. I just don't have anything up here to do that with. I have a couple of friends, but I haven't had time for anything until recently.

So I'll have to see about student loans tomorrow, probably, and/or see if someone can drive my mooching ass all over the state. Provo counts as all over the state. Oh, and then the persons got to be daft enough to let me borrow their car for a driver's test or something...

Now you might see why I'm not counting on going anymore: need a car, need a license, need transportation to get the above. Need to blow things up. I guess the first person shooter's are helping a little bit, but it's not as exciting playing them for the 9 millionth time.

I'm going to stop whinning now. I hope.

Oh, and I got that quote while surfing in my boredness. I found a quotes website with Murphy's Laws, too. It's definately a keeper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home