Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Standing down from DefCon 1

So today marked the end, in theory, of this weekend's little war. Saturday was a weapons test of a prank that brought in the threat of World War on Sunday. The gauntlet was thrown, and answered. And if jobs were in the line of fire, they were totally going down.

So this morning they had the DM convinced that the problem was on our end. Which our GMIT assured him he wasn't recieving a fair and balanced view. And at 7 she came in and tore into those two, while Richard was sitting near too. I just wish that I had been involved. There were some things that were dropped, as I knew they would be, and I could have shown pictures to disprove some of their lies. Predictably (and what I hoped for) they complained about us again, which I had 80 pictures to refute. And they slimed and sidestepped their way to an unhappy truce. The GMIT still probably wants them fired, but it'd be cutting off her nose to spite her face if she did it now. She needs replacements first. Only a short time away, I'd imagine.

But it's over, for now. The unilateral talks proved effective, and the weapons readyness has returned to normal. All I needed was a word and I would have pushed that button, quite likely sending them away with no job if they had pushed it. I hate that situation. I want it to be known that in no way did I want ANYONE'S job on the line. I don't like messing with people's lives on any caliber like that. But they decided to escalate it to that point after a bit of a prank, after they decided that their lack of good sense (and a sense of humor) should give way to hate. So I got written up again for it, but that was before the meeting, and I don't know (or rightly care much beyond my pride) about what the final outcome is.

Tomorrow starts my final preperations for my new job. I was approved for a $300 credit limit, something I wasn't planning on getting. And I need to see if some places will finance me with no credit so that I can get a vehicle. That would be very nice...

All that and more this week. And then just two more days at Carl's Jr...

This better pull off or I'm forked. I have minor doubts about it. 99.99% assuredness just isn't good enough. And I'm about 82% sure... Lol.

No worries, nothing to hold me back, anyways.

Until next war...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home