Monday, May 02, 2005

"...and another one gone, and another one gone..."

Two seems to be my least favorite number lately. I could get into a huge paper on it right about now, but I won't. But everything comes in twos. Two diametrically opposed things. Two more books.

I bought two more books today, and now I'm on a hunt. I'm refraining from buying something that I've seen every day of my life. Those will be easy to come by. But I bought Plato's Republic, a ten book series on justice and other things. I've only ever seen the one, it was hardback, sound familiar? That and I went back in and picked up Edgar Allen Poe's complete works. At least that's what the book boasts. My library has grown significantly in the last four months. From a paper list to owning, outright, at least seven of the items on my list. I think it's going to become my hobby. People keep asking me what it is, and I suppose this will work.

I find that some things that I have given up on are still possible. I had narrowed my approach so far down that I had neglected the leeway that I left myself. Silliness. By tomorrow I could very well have my driver's license. I won't dare to say anything more than it could happen. I've given too many assurances that haven't come true lately...

And if that falls through, I've already applied at Convergys and had a response. For some of my readers, it could be consorting with the enemy. For many who know of it, it's flirting with insanity, but I think it's a hell of a lot better than working for Carl's Jr. anymore.

BTW, yesterday was my last day, officially. And probably good, too. I wanted nothing more than just one handgrenade Saturday. Something I don't feel needs to be elaborated on without prompting.

But I have a long list of things to read, and few excuses. No wonder being a monk was a full time job. So much...

It will be neat, after all, I'll have the whole summer to read something. Summer's usually my reading area anyways. Exhausting all of my other alternatives to boredom, I get quite a bit read. I read the entirety of the Bellgariad over the course of a few months, not constant reading, but still. That's at least five, a few over my traditional average.

Anyways, I have my Stat final at one in the afternoon tomorrow. And then a driver's test (in theory), so I should sleep and not stay up 'till six in the morning like today... You didn't read that, go back aobut your business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home