Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Thesaurus has passed on.

This post is in honor of one of my good friends who apparently has passed on this last Wednesday. I don't know much (or any) of the details with any certainty, and I am greatly saddened by his departure.

Ray Graham apparently died last Wednesday. He was one of the four of us that went to L.A. My once in a life time event that he was able to share. The one that I begged and pleaded to get off of work. Now I know why it was so important that I be there. To tell the truth, I suppose I learned the most about Ray that weekend, I certainly was able to like him more.

We came up with a name for him that weekend, Thesaurus. Those who know the joke will understand, but I've not seen someone that proud for a long time. He thought it was the coolest thing in the world.

Sorry, this is going to be random memories of him. Cruel whimsy fate. But his sense of humor was never lacking, and his creative genious. He drew art better than most that I know, and I only know a few that can draw so well. He had a unique sense of humor. Blends of the best, in my opinion. He coupled sarcasm with so much more. I suppose that's what people will remember him by, his sense of humor. If he spoke out, it was usually that, at least that I saw.

So I'll remember that. The fact that the whole time we were in Vegas, we all laughed. That the only time I ever saw him upset resulted in more laughter. "You've failed me for the last time, Dick."

It's just going to be hard knowing that I'm not going to laugh like that again. That I won't see him again. He was such a neat guy. I can't stress that enough.

But I suppose, like always lately, my thoughts are too jumbled for you to make sense of.

Just know that one of my best friends has passed on to something new, where no living man has gone before.

It gives a little bit of insight into the world around you, not to be cliche or anything. But I suppose I will see him again on Thursday, if things go accordingly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home