Thursday, July 21, 2005

Beautiful.

Wow. This one's tone will be much different from last night's.

So many wonderful things.

Like the beauty of the Moon. It's a great deal of coincedence and irony that on the aniversary of the first manned mission to the moon, it is in its full glory. Perigee and full. It lights up the night sky like only poets can capture. Nothing is more beautiful right now.

And then there's the less glorious beauty of having a sliver of my room back. I am posting for the first time in seven months from my room. It almost didn't happen. I had to shift a great many things, and then my tower so that the ethernet cord would reach. But I have my desk set up, my computer set up and now all I need to do is allocate my books to their ideal positions. I love it. I'm actually going to have my library on shelves for the first time. All grouped together. And right here at hand so that I can look to them at a moments' notice.

Opera is actually doing alright for the time being. I can use tabbed browsing which is marvelous, but one of the things that it has over Firefox is that it can save "sessions" in which every time you open the browser, it will open the websites in their respective tabs that you told it to. It cuts a heck of a lot of navigating out of my surfing. I can check my e-mail, news and blogs without all that much clicking. Very nice.

Tomorrow's the 3rd Anniversary of I-Sci-Fi.com. In a way it's hard to believe that it's only been three years. We've done so much with it, grown so much, learned so much and shared so much. If you can listen, I suggest that you do. It will be one of our best shows ever. And I picked the music, which seems as of late to be one of the main reasons to listen. I almost cried when I put together the playlists tonight. It's my best work yet. I always try to make the music choice deliver a message, like what the show's about. And by the end of the show, if you were to look back through the playlists, you'll get it 10-4.

Today's been a very good and eventful day.

And I feel good knowing who died in HP. Big dorks. He wasn't THAT important to the story. I thought it was one of the kids. Great goodness. And this would be the second time that he's died anyways (not to be insensitive...). Hopefully that won't spoil it for you, but some of you will catch my meaning. I personally liked the original the best. But we shall see.

It does make me anxious to see the movies as they come out, though. Interesting indeed.

Ah, and one final thing. There is a new (new to me, anyways) intellectual argument on how Stonehenge, the Pyramids, etc. might have been formed. And in this method only one man is claimed to be needed. Though to do it in the timelines given, you will need more men.

But I find it amazing, though this has been in the back of my mind for a long while, that you can do it with such a little number of persons. I would not have guessed one person, for sure.

It is interesting to note such things like this. But you will never know, likely, what the real method was. But every method such as this eliminates the likelyhood of other crackpot theories.

So have a ten ton stone to move? Try this method if it doesn't do it for you, nothing will.

1 Comments:

Blogger A_Shadow said...

Yes, your favorite teacher from the books.

I'm not privy to all of the details, but I do know that much.

7/21/2005 02:48:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home